Dodgers 6, Nationals 1

Odalis Perez was more pleased than his line -- 4-1/3 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K -- would indicate. I don't blame him. He threw the ball well, got squeezed on one call on a walk, allowed a two-run homer that was a hair wind-aided, and left with only two runs on the board. Eude Brito then allowed the inherited runners to score.

Other stuff: Pete Orr is hitting .367. He really doesn't have much chance to make this team, but he's driving the ball now. Throw him in the "it'd be nice if they could trade him" category. He had two of the Nats' four hits off Brad Penny and Co.

Joel Hanrahan: Perfect ninth, now 8-2/3 innings with two hits, one walk and 12 strikeouts.

Paul Lo Duca caught three innings in the minor league game, and it was uneventful. Went 0 for 3 at the plate. John Lannan threw three innings over there, too. He'll be back on the major league side the next time around, most likely.

John Patterson on tap tomorrow in Fort Lauderdale against the Orioles. Lastings Milledge will make the trip despite his stubbed toe.

That's it. Enjoy your Saturday evening.

By Barry Svrluga  |  March 15, 2008; 6:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kasten: Go Metro!
Next: Two weeks till Nationals Park opens

Comments

Looking forward to another good outing from jp tommorow.

Posted by: Nats4Tommy | March 15, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Brito, there's one reason it's too bad that you won't be going up North with us. Your name is a wealth of punny opportunities for a headline writer with enough pith.

Posted by: i hate walks | March 15, 2008 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Or a beat writer who likes to talk about food.
___________

Posted by: i hate walks | March 15, 2008 08:01 PM

Posted by: NatsNut | March 15, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Could someone who has been out to Space Coast Stadium this spring report on the food situation? I read in a book reviewing the Grapefruit League that the food served there was by far the worst in Florida. Are you allowed to bring food in? I'm taking my son to see the Nats play Detroit next week, so any tips would be welcome. Also, do they sell a full range of souvenirs?

Posted by: Twinbrook | March 16, 2008 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Twinbook, that game is Nationally Televised so maybe we will see you on TV.

Posted by: Andrew Stebbins | March 16, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Andrew,
Nope, we're going to the game the next week. The televised game is this week in the Tiger's park. Too bad. We've got front row seats behind the plate. :-)

Posted by: Twinbrook | March 16, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Repeat of an earlier query: Wednesday the 19th is listed as an "off day" on the Nats' Spring Training schedule. Can I assume that if my daughter and I show up at Space Coast Stadium, folks will be working out? And is there a best time to show up if we want to see some of the regulars (Zimmerman, Young, Kearns)? Thanks for your thoughts, Keith

Posted by: Keith in Arlington | March 16, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

You would think I would be content that we finally have games being played daily, but I am not. I want some trades to happen already!!!

I was checking on Livan a little earlier, and saw on Tuesday that the Twins have decided that Livan will be their Opening Day starter. I like that, even if I am going to root for Livan to succeed less than Odalis Perez and Matt Chico. Since he is over in the AL, I look for him to humiliate the O's for me once or twice.

Posted by: Positively Half St. | March 16, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

How can you root against a guy named Boof Bonser to be the Twins opening day starter? I'm a quite surprised at your Livo news, as much by his poor performance so far thsi Spring as by their alternatives (Slowey for one). Livo does not last the year there. But this ain't a Twins blog.

Posted by: PTBNL | March 16, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"Boof Bonser"? Sounds like a fart in a bathtub.

Posted by: Egbert Sousé | March 16, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse