Video Spotlight: (Even More) Shawn Hill

Editor's Note: This interview was conducted before Hill's latest MRI.

By Jonathan Forsythe  |  March 4, 2008; 11:40 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Still more Shawn Hill: He speaks
Next: Matt Chico: Some good, some bad

Comments

Carrying this forward in the hopes John in Mpls notices it:

Thanks, Mpls John. I'm confused, however, since the MLB Multimedia Guide for today has "400K" next to the LA/Nats game. Tiny url for the link:

________________________________
To answer a question from the previous thread:

I don't believe blackout restrictions apply to Spring Training games on MLB.TV.

That being said, they don't broadcast all of the games, either. They won't be showing today's Nats game, but they will be showing tomorrow's.

Posted by: Section 138 | March 4, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

So should all of us who weren't able to score OD tickets, and got tickets for April 7, pray for rain on March 30? What would that do to the poor guys who paid $150 on StubHub for a $10 seat for OD?

Posted by: Twinbrook | March 4, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

People are selling their FREE 3/29 tickets on Stub Hub? Wouldn't the club be interested in finding out the seat locations so they can have a word or two with the seller?

Posted by: Really? | March 4, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: svxcountry | March 4, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the video. Presidential takeaway: the FO likes to have embittered fans. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a | March 4, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I don't think the club really cares about them selling the tix for 3/29. They have other things to worry about and they just care about a good dry run that day

Posted by: svxcountry | March 4, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

i'll repost, too, twinbrook...

nice sour grapes, twinbrook. you didn't get tix, so you want to pray for to spoil the team's grand opening of the stadium? pretty selfish & pitiful.

Posted by: 231 | March 4, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Would be pretty funny for those of us who didn't get tix if it rained but I wouldn't wish it on anyone who got lucky enough.

Posted by: svxcountry | March 4, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand this quote from the ticket story:

"Today, the public can get its first view of the stadium's massive new scoreboard--the equivalent of a 1,300-inch television."

How is the public going to get its first view? The webcam? Because that's nothing new.

Posted by: NatsNut | March 4, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I see. Must be the gaggle of reporters on the field now who get a demo. Barry's probably there.

Posted by: NatsNut | March 4, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

You're right, 231. Shame on me. I posted out of frustration after getting through on the phone (had both phone and computer going) only to be tantalized and then told nothing was available.

However, what happens to us folks who bought tickets for the 4/7 game if 3/30 is a wash out? Do we get bumped in place of folks with 3/30 tickets? Typically there is an off date between the home opener and the second home game for just such an eventuality. But there isn't one for the Nats.

Posted by: Twinbrook | March 4, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

You can see people getting ready at the "unveiling" of the scoreboard on the webcam: http://clarkconstruction.oxblue.com/clarkhuntsmoot/

Posted by: Salty | March 4, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

My guess is that it will be rescheduled for April 14 if it rains so April 7 people will get lucky but I wouldn't count on it although if it rains, I'll be the first person to come on and grab tix.

Posted by: svxcountry | March 4, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

apology accepted, twinbrook. i can definitely understand the frustration.

not sure what they'd do. both wash & atl have 4/1 off, but will already be in the middle of series in philly & atl.

Posted by: 231 | March 4, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Shawn is originally from Ontario, right? I'd be interested to see which four Canadian prime ministers would make the best ten foot tall mascots for a Blue Jays game.

Posted by: William | March 4, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

...and we have home plate!

Posted by: OldGuy | March 4, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Besides, my musing was aimed more aimed at the folks who spend $150 on SH for OD tickets with a face value of $10. The possibility of rain is what has kept me from joining their ranks.

Posted by: Twinbrook | March 4, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh crap, I see Screech. Looks like the suit hasn't been washed since the days of Vinny Castilla - I actually smell him all the way up here at Metro Center. We need a revamp, like the Caps mascot - that Eagle actually serves its purpose. Imagine if the same bald eagle that was used as a symbol of the U.S. looked like Screech - we'd be laughed at by everybody.

I bet Clint is emcee'ing it...if I had my way (as long as he's on the payroll), stick Clint inside of the costume so we couldn't hear him

Posted by: Corey | March 4, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

for those of us that don't have MASN at work, could we get updates from the game today? Would love to know how Chico does, especially if he's throwing more strikes or not.

Posted by: e | March 4, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I'll provide an update after Chico comes out, sure.

Posted by: Barry Svrluga | March 4, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Hey, just curious...what's Shawn Hill up to today? Haven't heard much about him lately.

Posted by: mrlogical | March 4, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Haven't actually heard it because I don't want to pay for MLB.tv, but as of right now, the box score shows Chico with:

2 IP, 3H, 2R, 2ER, 1BB, 1K.

Not too great. If I had to guess, the recap looks to me like Chico walked Andruw Jones, Garciaparra hit a double so there were runners on 2b and 3b. Sweeney had an RBI ground-out, scoring Andruw Jones, and their 1b, some guy named Lindsey, had another hit to put Garciaparra in.

Posted by: faNATic | March 4, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

ethier just took chico deep (wind blowing in).

Posted by: 231 | March 4, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

"I'm still thinking there may be some OD tix available at the box office that morning. The cheapies. Any ideas?"

There's still the day-of-game grandstand available.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | March 4, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

based on this small sample size and my personal life, i would say that anyone planning on getting day of game $5 seats better get out their long term camp gear and set up shop.

Posted by: theraph | March 4, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I did notice, 138. I answered in the last thread, but I think the conversation had already carried on here by the time I had done so.

It does look like the game is on MLB.TV today. The schedule I had looked at was yesterday's - the mlb.com multimedia page defaults to the previous day's games when you access it in the morning.

It shouldn't be blacked out - I was told last year that there were no blackout restrictions for ST games. However, it's not an issue for me, since I paid with a Minnesota-based credit card. Let me know if it you can watch it.

Posted by: John in Mpls | March 4, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

My apologies to all those 20 gamers and folks in the general public out there that didn't get Opening Day Tickets.

Because we lost the $4.2 million law suit to the District we had to find some cash fast to pay for the uniformed personnel (players, ticket takers, ushers, etc.) in our organization therefore, we took a good number of Opening Day tickets and put them on Stub Hub ourselves, skipping the middle man.

Once again, we sincerely apoloigize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope you understand that there is no loyalty in business.

Please remember to "Pledge Your Allegiance" and sign up for Full Season Ticket Plan in the Presidential or PNC Diamond Club seats today!

Posted by: The Lerner Family & Stan | March 4, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

that was me, used the wrong signature.

Posted by: swanni | March 4, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse