Nationals Park: Early miscues
No, I'm not talking about Lastings Milledge's dropped fly ball that led to an unearned run against Tim Redding in the top of the first. Rather, the first inning of the game production was, um, a bit rough.
* Mike Green was supposed to give the cue to "Play ball!" He grabbed the mic, and bellowed into it. Nothing. He tried again. No sound throughout the park. Someone handed him another mic. Mike, we hope you have better luck in the playoffs.
* Then, perhaps, the mic actually worked -- and a weird reverberation sound hummed through the park.
* The out-of-town scoreboard didn't work.
* There was no count, no indication of how many outs there were, no speed gun.
* The ribbon boards still seem to be frozen on a broken ad for the ESPN Zone.
Other than that, things are going swimmingly.
The comments to this entry are closed.