Lineups

You'll notice Jesus Flores isn't in the lineup. Just a precaution. "He's doing fine," Manny Acta said. "We're just going to keep him out of the lineup to give him an extra day, but no headaches, no nothing."

Washington

Upton - 9
Reynolds - 5
Salazar - 7
Snyder - 2
Webb - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  May 31, 2008; 7:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Aces
Next: Over and out

Comments

and another SAFP at-bat from Felipe.

Posted by: O when will they ever learn? | May 31, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I was hoping for Flippie out, Harris at 2d, and Dukes playing. Dukes has been getting on base at a .400+ rate since the start of the Phillies series (5/19).

As for WMP, best to spot him against lefties for a while. While he certainly has been a wasteland of minimal production this year, I just don't think we have too many guys who have hit a homer every 20 major league plate appearances over 1500 PAs coming into this year, especially ones who are only 26.

Posted by: ptbnl | May 31, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Ah, another night without the Wasteland of Minimal Production befouling the starting lineup. Good for Manny.

Posted by: leetee1955 | May 31, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

let's do the time warp again. this is fun. my 8:18 was a reply to leetee's "8:20"

Posted by: ptbnl | May 31, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

The Nats are in trouble if the umpire calls everything a strike.

Posted by: Ed | May 31, 2008 8:27 PM | Report abuse

The next generation of pitching is on the mound for Wilson HS (home of the green curly W) and St Albans, playing for the city championship - I was watching it before the Nats game came on, but find I am going back and forth between the games.

Posted by: Traveler | May 31, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Anyone care to give me action on the Nats getting shut out tonight?

Posted by: Steven on Capitol Hill | May 31, 2008 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Let's go Nats! (7:50 p.m. EST; they may already have gone in your case; your mileage may vary; some restrictions apply)

Posted by: natsfan1a | May 31, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

What happened to Bob Carpenter? He's been home with the family a l-o--o-n-g time.

Posted by: WA2CHI | May 31, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

way to help the rest of the lineup gauge webb's repertoire, flip.

Posted by: natsscribe | May 31, 2008 9:13 PM | Report abuse

This is weird. Some people who have posted after me are appearing before me. Maybe time-stamp hell has been fixed.

Posted by: leetee1955 | May 31, 2008 9:22 PM | Report abuse

ptbnl,

I'm not a WMP hater, per se, as I pull for all of the Nats to succeed. But my bottom line is that he has been out homered by Willie Harris and I'm tired of hearing about his power potential.

Posted by: leetee1955 | May 31, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

sorry to see bergie's scoreless skein snapped.

Posted by: natsscribe | May 31, 2008 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Not a great game by Bergman, but if your guys aren't going to score any runs it doesn't matter anyway.

Posted by: Ed | May 31, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

guess the nats have to get "hits" off webb any way possible. is anyone else getting the "content submission error" block as often as i am?

Posted by: natsscribe | May 31, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Okay, I see some of you are getting correctly time-stamped while my submissions are stamped an hour later than posted. Server problem at the Post? And what's with this "Content Submission Error" window that keeps popping up blocking posts?

Posted by: leetee1955 | May 31, 2008 10:02 PM | Report abuse

This bit of cheeriness from nationals.com

Zimmerman still sore after Saturday BP
Slugger likely to sit Sunday with shoulder injury; could take MRI

Posted by: leetee1955 | May 31, 2008 10:16 PM | Report abuse

The radio signal just cut out. But at least I don't have to watch a girdle commercial.

Posted by: natsfan1a | May 31, 2008 10:23 PM | Report abuse

The submission errors seem to be intermittent. They were the other time this happened as well, if I recall correctly.

Posted by: natsfan1a | May 31, 2008 10:25 PM | Report abuse

It's just a jump to the left...

Posted by: the time warp | May 31, 2008 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Quickest finish in Diamondback history: 1 hour, 52 minutes.

Posted by: Ed | May 31, 2008 11:07 PM | Report abuse

Look on the bright side...the bullpen got a day off.

Posted by: SC Nats Fan | May 31, 2008 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Do I spring forward or fall back?

Posted by: flynnie | May 31, 2008 11:56 PM | Report abuse