11:21 a.m.

Also, here's a useful web link, given what's happened this week.

I take back what I say about the perfect forecast.

By Chico Harlan  |  June 5, 2008; 11:21 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 11:19 a.m.
Next: 12:46 p.m.

Comments

Chico, after you've lived in DC for more than a year, you'll learn about our local fortune-cookie weather forecasters.

Posted by: Juan-John | June 5, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

i hope the Nats select Crow.

Posted by: theraph | June 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Ask management if they'll put weather radar up on the screen during rain delays.

Posted by: Sec 419 Row E | June 5, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Ask management where fans in the RF terrace level and upperdecks can go during rain delays. The concourses do NOT protect fans from the elements.

Posted by: Design Flaw | June 5, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Figures there'd be a double header on the day I already had businessperson's special tickets at the Dome.

Posted by: John in Mpls | June 5, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Yesterday's rainout was quite fortuitous. Now that I can't get out of work for the day game, I can exchange for any game I want. I will wait until they field 9 major league players later in the summer.

Posted by: GoNats | June 5, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Best of luck today, Chico. You need it.

Not only do we have 2 games today but we also have the draft and I'm sure that the NJ faithful with expect write-ups on each pick of the draft as well as game updates. Good luck.

PS. Might I suggest just using the baseball prospectus or mlb.com player writeups and do a little cut and paste job.

Posted by: natsinthevalley | June 5, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

It appears God has mercy for us and hears our pleas for day games during the week, even if Stan does not.

Coincidentally, this supports the pet theory of certain members of the Constituency that Stan Kasten is the devil.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | June 5, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Chico...how about going out on a limb and giving us your prediction for the #9 pick.

I bet myself a cold beverage the Nats will pick Crow.

Posted by: Los Doce Ocho | June 5, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

"I bet myself a cold beverage the Nats will pick Crow."

If they don't, will you eat Crow?

Posted by: An Briosca Mor | June 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

The last 3 Projections I have seen are Crow, Smoak and Alonso.

Personally I have my fingers crossed for Smoak or Crow, though I would be ok with Alonso.

Posted by: natsinthevalley | June 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

keith law has the nats taking alonso, but postulates that in order to do so, jimbo will have to overrule his own scouting department (the implication being that jimbo wants a college player that will move quickly, while the scouts prefer a younger player with a higher upside, perhaps skipworth).

Posted by: bob l. head | June 5, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse