Hagerstown stats, trivia, and other assorted notes
Just in case you were wondering...
* So far on his rehab assignment at Class A Hagerstown, Austin Kearns is 1-for-3 with two runs, three walks.
* Once Kearns returns to the team, by the way, Manny Acta said that Elijah Dukes will move to left field. "He's a natural in the outfield; he can play anywhere," Acta said. "He's not even picky about that."
* Why is Felipe Lopez in the lineup tonight instead of Willie Harris? Perhaps, as some have rightfully speculated, it's a tryout for Lopez to impress the O's. But asked about his reasoning, Acta just answered in one sentence: "There's a left-handed pitcher on the mound."
* All the Nats spent about 10 minutes today filling out their All-Star ballots. Seems like Cristian Guzman is the choice from just about everybody in the Washington clubhouse. I spent a few minutes today asking guys for their choice. I failed to find a single player who thought somebody other than Guzman should represent the Nats.
* Trivia time. The last team John Lannan defeated this year? Baltimore, on May 18. Since then, he's made six starts; he's 0-4 with a 3.25 ERA.
Posted by: leetee1955 | June 28, 2008 7:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: leetee1955 | June 28, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mrm0to | June 28, 2008 8:24 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Coverage is lacking | June 28, 2008 8:35 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: alice | July 1, 2008 10:03 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.