Oddities and ends
* Odalis Perez is missing tomorrow's start because of shoulder tendinitis. But he's confident he'll be able to make his next start at the end of next week. Perez was planning to try some light throwing today. If that goes well, he'll be all set. "I haven't thrown for the last two or three days, so I don't feel any pain at all," he said. "After [the throwing], we'll see."
* Paul Lo Duca begins his rehab assignment tomorrow with Class A Potomac.
* Ryan Zimmerman will have his shoulder reevaluated Monday. All further determinations awaiting. Zimmerman has taken the week completely off to give his shoulder a full rest. No swinging, no upper body lifting, etc. He's just done some running and lower body conditioning.
* Chad Cordero is planning to head down to the team's facilities in Florida to continue with his rehab.
* Dmitri Young feels better today. But still not in the lineup.
* One semi-interesting tid-bit to come out of Manny Acta's pre-game press conference. When one Fourth Estate card-holder asked about the platoon going on with Langerhans and Wily Mo, Acta revised the terminology. It's not a platoon, he said. He's just waiting for somebody to get hot. (If that's possible. - editorial comment.) But he'd prefer that Pena be the one to emerge. "If Wily Mo comes out of it and shows us that he's ready to come out of his slump, he'll play regardless," Acta said.
The comments to this entry are closed.