Rain delay

Just a little public service announcement here.

(Or: I wanted to post something non-injury related.)

Right now, the field at Nats Park is still covered by a tarp. Start time has tentatively been pushed back to 8:30 p.m.

I'll post here if anything changes.

By Chico Harlan  |  June 23, 2008; 6:49 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Johnson -- possibly out for season
Next: More weather and wrists

Comments

That's not rain, that's just the angels (lower case) peeing on their hands to toughen them.

Posted by: section 3 (MC) | June 23, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

I've got a question--

How long is MASN going to run that "MLB Bloopers" ad?? Have they been showing that since '05??

Posted by: res21 | June 23, 2008 7:07 PM | Report abuse

res21

You'll notice you hardly ever see, if at all, the MASN spots with Milliedge, Kearns and WMP anymore. Or the Debbi Taylor spot with the cutout of the Wasteland of Minimal Production. Maybe the cutout has been going to the plate this season.

Posted by: leetee1955 | June 23, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

When I heard Nick had an injury to his tendon sheath, I thought of Nomar when he was hit by Al Reyes at the end of '99. He played a little in the playoffs but basically missed the next year. Somehow, Nick and Nomar belong in the same sentence. Sad. Let's hope for the best. At least we are covered at 1st for next year. That 2 year contract for Dmitri does not look so bad when NJ may and Marrero will miss the season. So much for having a surplus at 1st.

Posted by: PTBNL | June 23, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I never saw any Milledge spot on MASN. When were they playing that?

Posted by: Sal | June 23, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Sigh... I predicted last September that Nick Johnson would never return to '06 form. Then I cheered and told everyone how glad I was to be an idiot. And now I'm terribly bummed, because he really has returned to '06 form.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | June 23, 2008 7:19 PM | Report abuse

NJ = Samuel L. Jackson's character in 'Unbreakable.'

Posted by: Seriously | June 23, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Sal,

It's the one where Lastings, AK and WMP are sitting at their lockers while LMillz is primping because the seats at Nats Park are 17 feet closer to the field than those at RFK.

Posted by: leetee1955 | June 23, 2008 7:30 PM | Report abuse

i am introducing a new term to the discussion, "natsluck." natsluck is when you have $11 million in salaries sidelined in nicky and chad and there's no way either could ever be traded because of their injuries. that's natsluck. you probably could add can o'kearns in there.

Posted by: natsscribe | June 23, 2008 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Ohhhh, yeahh

Posted by: Sal | June 23, 2008 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Chico's on a roll. Yet ANOTHER new post.

Hooray!! Chico for President!

Posted by: NatsNut | June 23, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse