Time for a quickie

Just realized I likely won't have room for this in the notes or the gamer ...

Jim Bowden confirmed before the game that outfielder Ryan Langerhans accepted his outright assignment from the big league club and will report to Class AAA Columbus.

Right-hander Ryan Wagner, who is on the disabled list while recovering from right shoulder surgery, revealed today a blister that has formed on his right ring finger. He said he first noticed it after throwing his second simulated game in Washington about two weeks ago. Wagner said he has to have something covering the blister while he pitches so that he can throw his sinker, but he did not consider it a setback in his recovery.

That's all for now.

By Chico Harlan  |  June 21, 2008; 8:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lineups
Next: Postgame wrap-up

Comments

rhis is no team for guys named ryan.

Posted by: natsscribe | June 21, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

"Time for a Quickie" Chico, you understand our relationship to Baseball, Our Mistress!

Posted by: flynnie | June 21, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Gotta go to Purcellville. God Bless All In This House, and bring em home w/Charlie and Dave!

Posted by: flynnie | June 21, 2008 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Flynnie--help me. Where am I supposed to go on baseball think factory for the natinoals chatter you referenced on the last page. I'm logged in but can't find it.

Posted by: Steven on Capitol Hill | June 21, 2008 9:46 PM | Report abuse

SoCH - Don't have to go to Purcellville after all! Ok, go to BBTF. Add it to your favorites. It's easy to find with it's distinctive home plate logo. Go to Newsstand. Scroll down until you see the Friday stories. You'll see one called Jim
Bowden Trash Collector. Don't go to the article. Hit comments, and there is Mr. Needham, and other knowledgable posters. Now I got to take my wife to get a book at B$N. She's seen the score and is pulling the plug!

Posted by: flynnie | June 21, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, similar nights, you and I. We walked over the the ballpark, found that at 7:03 the only tickets left were $29 and up, so we walked over to Ugly Mug, watched the game and had a pizza, and she dragged me out just after the game was blown open.

How depressing. But maybe later I'll get to have sex!

Posted by: Steven on Capitol Hill | June 21, 2008 9:59 PM | Report abuse

tmi

Posted by: Anonymous | June 21, 2008 10:25 PM | Report abuse

way, way tmi

Posted by: Anonymous | June 21, 2008 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Relief? Nine runs score.

Hopes fall, like weighted donuts.

Get 'em tomorrow.

Posted by: Haiku woman | June 21, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Anyone notice that Chris Marrero is out for the season? This is why you can't bank on the draft alone. Three cheers for "The Plan!"

Here's the link--the story is hidden in the story about Nick Johnson's predictable injury "setback." http://tinyurl.com/64m6nf

Posted by: Lerners ARE Cheap | June 21, 2008 11:04 PM | Report abuse

SoCH - You just got off family leave from welcoming babies and were changing diapers between posts, if memory serves. There is not enough mood lighting in the world to overcome such an atmosphere, so I would say that the chances for a rain-out are great, but may you get a rain-check! The Lerners should know that they not only have you, but future generations of you to demand a good team for poor D.C.'s $611M.

Posted by: flynnie | June 21, 2008 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Love - you are one funny dude once again!
If ever a game called for cheap liquor, it was when Luis started throwing BP after leaving the bases loaded twice (once w/no outs!)
********************************************
flynnie how right you are...the lack of booze really brought out the venom, cant get drunk at the game though too expensive. ...tonite i will be imbibing so the 2am posts will be mellow

Posted by: love | June 21, 2008 5:03 PM

Posted by: flynnie | June 21, 2008 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Yanda, dude. THIS is the kind of stuff I'm STARVING for. Thank you. I keep trying to tell Chico how much I need this kind of information.

Chico, I love your stories, I really do, but this blog needs more INFORMATION. Wagner's blister and Langerhans's assignment? Perfect. More, more, more.

Posted by: NatsNut | June 21, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

LOL! I was the last post last night and the first one this morning. Can you say LOSER!

Anyway, Steve, this sentence was classic. Still laughing.

"At first pitch, the temperature was 83. At second pitch, the score was 1-0, Texas."

Posted by: NatsNut | June 22, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse