Today's lineups

Morning guys. I'll post again shortly, but I wanted to get the lineups out first.

Washington

Nady -- 9
Mientkiewicz -- 3
Gomez -- 5
Wilson -- 6
Gorzelanny -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  June 12, 2008; 11:45 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The fallout of an arugment: lots of repetition
Next: Notes before the series rubber match

Comments

Hey Chico, it may have gotten lost in the shuffle of the craziness the past couple days, but was there a more extensive interview with Kasten from the other day when you got that ridiculous quote from him that the Nats are playing .500 ball if you only count alternating Tuesdays or something like that? If so, can you please post the transcript here? I'm sure The Constituency would love to see it. Thanks!

Posted by: Coverage is lacking | June 12, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Aaron Bleepin' Boone as No. 4 in the order: worst No. 4 hitter in baseball or worst No. 4 hitter ever? Discuss.

Posted by: Deep Fried Screech | June 12, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I like that Pena has moved up from the 8th spot. Maybe, just maybe he'll see something other than junk thrown at him. Then again, hitting in front of Lopez (I will try and refrain from using "FLop") and Nieves is akin lately to hitting in front of the pitcher.

Also, I hate to say this, but I think Nieves' days in DC may be numbered. There is no way Flores will be sent down and they will definitely have to play LoDuca once he's ready (at the least to see if they can dump him for spare parts).

I've had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Wil Nieves on a couple of occasions this season and I can honestly say he is one of the friendliest, honest people (not just ball player, but person) I've ever met in my life. I hope and pray he doesn't get DFA'd because it would be nice to keep rooting for one of the good ones for at least a full season.

Posted by: e | June 12, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

THAT is really our line-up?

I want my $611 million back.

Posted by: woof | June 12, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Woof, evidently you haven't been paying much attention. Go back to sniffing your neighborhood hydrants. We'll whistle for you when our starters come off the DL.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | June 12, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Deep Fried Screech | June 12, 2008 12:04 PM

-----

We only need him to be the best No. 4 hitter in baseball today.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | June 12, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

i think woof overpaid for his season tickets.

Posted by: 231 | June 12, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

DFS,

During the '72, when the Tigers were in the middle of a terrible offensive stretch, frustrated manager Billy Martin once resorted to drawing the lineup out of a hat. All field-no hit shortstop, a .224 career hitter, ended up batting in the cleanup spot that day. And little Eddie, on his best day, was no Aaron Boone

Manny certainly isn't there yet, and it really isn't his style. On the other hand, Detroit did win that particular ball game.

Posted by: blueson | June 12, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Sorry. That should have read "'72 season."

Posted by: blueson | June 12, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Reposting from a previous thread:

New Post.