Here's the latest on Elijah Dukes, following an MRI
* The left fielder has a meniscus tear and a partial tear of the patella tendon
* He will be placed on the disabled list. (Likely replacement: Kory Casto.)
* He will be out a minimum of 4-6 weeks.
* What does it mean? Well, among other things, more at bats for Wily Mo Pena, Manny Acta said.
* Dukes' knee will be scoped on Monday.
"I've never seen anything like this," GM Jim Bowden said. "It's one thing if it's older veterans, but all of our 23-year-old kids -- Zimmerman, Milledge, Hill, Cordero -- they're all in their low- or mid-20s. It's very rare, and it's unfortunate."
"It's very unfortunate, because he was playing very well for us, and the way our offense is going he's going to be missed," Acta added. "That's the way things have gone."
The comments to this entry are closed.