Lineups, with Flores

Here's a dose of good news. Jesus Flores's sprained right knee, which had him listed as day-to-day, isn't going to keep him from the lineup. He said he feels fine today. Even yesterday when he had an MRI, the catcher said today, he still felt fairly good.

"They were treating me like I was hurt," Flores said. "I was like, Why? Why do I have to do all that stuff? MRIs, X-rays? I'm OK!"

And so he is.

Burrell - 7
Victorino - 8
Dobbs - 5
Coste - 2
Blanton - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  August 19, 2008; 5:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Estrada up from Columbus
Next: Vets out of the lineup and lower in the lineup

Comments

Kearns hitting 7th? Maybe Manny has realized something.

Posted by: Andrew Stebbins | August 19, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Kearns 7th - it's about time. Flores has earned the right to a higher spot in the order and Kearns has earned his right to be dropped.

Posted by: Section 112 | August 19, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh my. Now I have nothing to complain about!

Posted by: I'll Second That | August 19, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Manny has seen the light! Lets see if Austin can be more productive without the 4 hole pressure..

Posted by: All 9000 Agree | August 19, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Attaboy, Jesus!

I'll Second That: Don't worry, somebody will come up with something else to complain about. ;-)

Posted by: natsfan1a | August 19, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I love ole' Fat Belly, but any team that starts him at SS and hits him 5th.. is a bad team. Go Nats.

Posted by: Media Guide Momma | August 19, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

This "day-to-day" stuff wih so-called minor injuries is a farce. The season is lost so why not put Guzman on the DL and call up a passable subsitute at shortstop? The way this roster is handled is a joke. One of the reasons I was hoping Bellyard was going to LA is so that the Nats could get someone back who can actually play SS.

Posted by: leetee1955 | August 19, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

lessee...the nats sign guzman to a $16 million extension. then he suffers a so-called "minor" injury that has caused belly-ard and orr to play SS for most of the past week. to top that off, he's hitting like .167 since signing the deal. if this isn't natsluck, i don't know what is.

Posted by: natsscribe | August 19, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

already?

Posted by: NEW POST | August 19, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

The Nats' lineup only strikes fear in the Nats' fans. Can Kearns bat 10th? Maybe we should go with 8 players and have a vacant sign a SS. It would be sick to endure all this losing and have the Padres or Mariners lose more games and get Strasburg. Whew, I fell better now.

Posted by: DJ | August 19, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse