Tonight's lineups from Nats Park

Belliard - 3
Dukes - 9
Flores - 2
Langerhan - 7
Bergmann - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  August 30, 2008; 3:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The minor league report
Next: An encounter with the wall

Comments

for those interested, the GCL Nationals vs GCL Phillies game was apparently postponed by tunderstorms. The series returns to Viera, FL for games 2 and 3 (if necessary).

Nats lead 1 game to none

Posted by: Brian | August 30, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Chico,
I'd love to read what Clipper Jones thinks about all the changes/rebuilding in Atlanta.

Posted by: Tom | August 30, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the lineups. I trust that all is well with Willie and he's just getting a break.

Posted by: natsfan1a | August 30, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

CE, thanks for clearing up the rain! And yes, I do think the failure to sign Crow was an avoidable loss.

Brian, will the second GCL game pick up where it left off today? The posts here and on NFA make it sound like a restart (which would be great for us, but that seems like an odd result).

Posted by: Bob L. Head | August 30, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Chico, you're getting lightning fast on these. Thanks.

Posted by: Lineups | August 30, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

You're welcome, BobL, but I had an ulterior motive, in that I'll be in the cheap seats tonight, under the stars, so I'm burning Geo. Will columns as an offering to appease the DC baseball rain hemisemidemi-urges. Wish me luck!

Posted by: Ce | August 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Attaboys to The Beltway Boy for responding to the gloom and doomers earlier. The fire Jim Bowden crowd is trying to now build its case on a failed farm system, which to me is a very far stretch. Somehow Bowden has found one or two gems in the past year that we did not have to rush through the farm system. Milledge, Dukes and Flores are more than stop gap pick ups--some may call them corner stone people. Give the farm system a fair amount of time to have some of the young picks reach a mature level before proclaiming it to be a failure.

Posted by: Dale | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

From what I understand, today's GCL game was cancelled so they'll start from scratch tomorrow in Viera.

Posted by: Brian | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Anybody ever heard of Osvaldo Rodriguez? He's a 24 year old starting pitcher with Hagerstown right now, brought over from the Dominican Summer League. Look at this statline in the Dominican- 74 IP, 12-0, 1.01 ERA, 104 K's. Now I doubt he is really this good if he is already 24, but it is hard not too miss him. Who is Osvaldo?

Posted by: Jason | August 30, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

re: Osvaldo Rodriguez

This is the guy (http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=27205)

He was originally part of the Dodgers organization but there is nothng I can find out about him in 2005, 2006, or 2007.

Posted by: Brian | August 30, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

With Hagerstown's season ending tomorrow and O.Rodriguez having pitches just yesterday - any chance they promote him to Potomac for the playoffs?

What is the cutoff for minor league playoff rosters? It seems like dirty pool to demote someone like Zimmermann or VanAllen (or Rhinehart, etc) for the Carolina League Playoffs, but promoting from the Sally League seem ok to me...

Posted by: estuartj | August 30, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse