Tonight's lineups

Marc Carig -- the O's beat writer -- is spelling Chico for the night.

He'll post if there's any breaking news. In the meantime, here are your lineups.

New York

Dukes -- 9
Boone -- 3
Hernandez -- 4
Nieves -- 2
Lannan -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  September 15, 2008; 3:48 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Root root root for... wait a minute
Next: Young, Flores likely done for '08

Comments

"Marc Carig -- the O's beat writer -- is spelling Chico for the night."

Posted by: NJ Meltdown in 3...2..1 | September 15, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

How does he spell Chico? I spell it C-H-I-C-O.

Posted by: JayB spells it wrong, of course | September 15, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

We don't want the O's beat reporter. We want CHICO

Posted by: No O's allowed | September 15, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I thought the Nats werre platooning Boni (vs RHP) and Hernandez (vs LHP). Unless I am gravely mistaken, Pedro is a RHP. Why isn't Boni starting?

Posted by: e | September 15, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I heart Marc Carig....

Posted by: O's Exec | September 15, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

"How does he spell Chico? I spell it C-H-I-C-O."

Wrong, smart-head. It's "C-H-I-C-O F-O-R T-H-E N-I-G-H-T"

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | September 15, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

You know, come to think about it, "Chico for the Night" wouldn't be a half bad indie band name. Which is to say it would be a bad band with a slightly less than half bad name.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | September 15, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

A disclaimer, first..my math is slightly worse than a monkeys. That out of the way...

218 of you are rooting for the NATS TO LOSE?

::shakes head and sobs quietly::

Posted by: Section 138 | September 15, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Marc - welcome. I always hoped you'd get switched to this beat as a Chico reinforcement 2d half of the year, not substitute. But you can cut an hour off your schedule watching the NL rather than an AL game, and you can still here Sweet Caroline.

Posted by: PTBNL | September 15, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see if the Beast of Southeast goes all Don Zimmer on Pedro.

Posted by: Juuust a bit inside... | September 15, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Tonight's lineup at the 9:30 club:

Blender Frogs
Chico for the Night
Blind Tenor
BattleSka GallactiSka

Posted by: estuartj | September 15, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I'm one definitely rooting for the Nats to win and I like this lineup a lot better than the one yesterday. At least it looks like we're trying. Keep Bernadina and Bonifacio on the bench. They run fast but can't hit.

I would love to see us take at least a couple from the Mets.

Posted by: lady nats fan | September 15, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Chico for the night, exchanging glances.

Chico for the night, what were the chances?

We'd be reading posts, before the night was through...

Posted by: Old Blue Eyes | September 15, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Pound Pedro and mash the Mets!

Posted by: natsfan1a | September 15, 2008 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Go Nats - beat the Mets!

Posted by: Patty | September 15, 2008 6:32 PM | Report abuse

This line up is as close to a "we are really trying to win this one" as Manny can get.

Posted by: PTBNL | September 15, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Barry suggest he was going to fill in for Chico from time to time? Oh well... I didn't see his byline in today's paper after another Skins game, did I miss it?

Posted by: Coverage is lacking | September 15, 2008 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Why blue caps tonight while at home?

Posted by: i hate walks | September 15, 2008 7:52 PM | Report abuse

And also, "me too" to this:

JiM, you're my hero.

Posted by: NatsNut | September 15, 2008 11:05 AM

Posted by: i hate walks | September 15, 2008 8:02 PM | Report abuse

IHW,

they are the special 4th of July caps that baseball debuted this year, many teams wore them all weekend in honor of 9/11 anniversary. my guess is that the nats wanted to show some love while here at home.

ps. i hate laz diaz.

Posted by: natsinthevalley | September 15, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Me three.

On the caps, teams that didn't play on 9/11 could wear them for a subsequent game.

And also, "me too" to this:

JiM, you're my hero.

Posted by: NatsNut | September 15, 2008 11:05 AM

Posted by: natsfan1a | September 15, 2008 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Atta team, Nats! I nominate Lannan for player of the game.

Posted by: natsfan1a | September 15, 2008 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Gooooooooo Nats!

And for anyone who still cared about him, Kornheiser's shameless slobbering over the Cowboys officially revokes any claims he has to DC. All his property within the metropolitan area is up for grabs. Too bad he is way too cool for baseball so we can't bean him.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | September 15, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse

So which of my pitchers (in the Nationals organization) started 16 games and went 13-2 this year? 121 Ks and 33 BBs in 90 IP, with an ERA of 1.02.
Strasburg, indeed!

Posted by: Jim B | September 15, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I know Hinckley hasn't made his second round through many of the NL teams, but I doubt I'll be seeing Ray King in spring training next year.

Add Mock, Shell and a converted Bergmann and you have possibly the makings of a solid back end of the bullpen.

Posted by: Los Doce Ocho | September 15, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Just got home from the Park. It was great to see Mets fans leaving the lower deck in droves in the seventh and eighth innings. Lannan threw free and easy and was never in trouble. It was probably the best home game he's pitched all season. God, I would love to sweep New York and their overly smug fans. One leatherlung kept chanting "Jose, Jose, Jose" each time Reyes battled and another called Nats Park "Shea South." Tickled me to no end that by the eighth inning, most Mets fans were heading to our version of the No. 7 train at the Navy Yard station.

Posted by: leetee1955 | September 15, 2008 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't watch the game tonight, thought I'd drop by for a little update on NJ. But no post since the lineups. Guess the Chico substitute didn't feel like feeding the fantatics out here. I guess I'll have to go elsewhere in the blogosphere for my fix. Wonder if SBF was at the game tonight...

Posted by: oh well | September 16, 2008 12:30 AM | Report abuse

apparently there wasn't any breaking Orioles news worth posting. There was a good Nats game and I was there.

Posted by: Mike in 131 | September 16, 2008 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Reading a Mets Blog after last night always brightens my morning. Ahhh, the angst. If the Nats win tonight the Mets fandom will be going through a mass psychosis--the swoon of 07 is not forgotten, it looms beneath their every thought. Indeed, if the Mets fail again this season one commenter said that the Mets organization should allow the fans to tear down Shea stadium themselves.

Posted by: Dale | September 16, 2008 7:59 AM | Report abuse

I'm very worried that the coverage of the Baltimore team is going to suffer if the WASHINGTON Post puts their Baltimore beat writer on the WASHINGTON team.

Posted by: Ray | September 16, 2008 8:00 AM | Report abuse