Tonight's lineups

Dukes -- 9
Casto -- 3
Bonifacio -- 4
Nieves -- 2
Martis -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  September 17, 2008; 4:39 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: After the 1-0 game...
Next: Kearns, Flores, Belliard, Young: None Will Be Back in '08

Comments

Let's go three in a row!!!

Posted by: Beat the Mets! | September 17, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

was reading NJ a few days ago when questions arose about why the nats stations AM signal is so lousy at night. even though the frequency is a 50,000 watt "clear channel" station along the eastern seaboard at night the signal changes from a "blanket" pattern that is somewhat easily heard throughout the region from sunrise to local sunset to a "directional" signal along the eastern seaboard that is hard to be picked up west of the city but can be heard from maine to florida - but not in some parts of montgomery county and northern virginia. as it was explained to me, KSTP in minnesota is also a 50,000-watt clear channel and if the nats' station signal wasn't changed after dark the stations would overlap.

Posted by: natsscribe | September 17, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

You know what amuses me? Mets fans saying "here we go again..."

Posted by: SF Fan | September 17, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Knock Knight! Mash the Mets!!

And thanks for the AM info, natscribe.

Posted by: natsfan1a | September 17, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

So, to recap from today's grudge match:

winner: Lerners ARE cheap

loser: the rest of us

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | September 17, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

"loser: the rest of us"

All of whom are really RKGF/419+1.

Posted by: that includes you, 506 | September 17, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

we are legion

Posted by: us | September 17, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Info on the Mets' starting pitcher,Brandon Knight, for those interested in the game, and not the radio, newspaper, or what a Lerner ate for breakfast.

Poll
The Nationals Have To Win 5 Of The 11 Games Left In The '08 Season To Avoid 100 Losses? Can The Nationals Do It?

Nope, 100 Losses, Guaranteed.
The Nationals WILL Avoid 100 Losses.

If They Keep Playing The Mets They Can Avoid 100 Losses!!

Why Not Lose 100, Get Strasburg And Try Again Next Year.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 17, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

SF Fan, please do not use ellipses. They make some people paranoid.

Posted by: Capitol Hill | September 17, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

What if we're interested in the game, but can't hear it on the radio?

Posted by: also anonymous | September 17, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

All your Willie Harris are belong to us.

Posted by: us | September 17, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Now you know my terrible secret!!!

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | September 17, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

How about we trade FLA for Dan Uggla? He's for sale, hits a ton play so-so defense and fits a position we are already stacked 4 deep in.

Perfect!

Posted by: estuartj | September 17, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Did I miss a memo or forget anything? Where has Belli been?

Posted by: BF | September 17, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

What if we're interested in the game, but can't hear it on the radio?

Posted by: also anonymous

Whine about it here, I guess, like the others..... and fans interested in the game will continue to drift away elsewhere.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 17, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

You know, it's been awhile since we've had a visit from any of the trolls. Have they all been tamed? Remember that crazy dude CAPHCKY with all of the ROTFLMAOs and exclamation points? Now we just have us nerds arguing over punctuation and journalistic ethics. Ahhhh, the good old days.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | September 17, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bob L. Head | September 17, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

For those that don't browse around the Nats blogosphere, I present Super-Boni:

Posted by: Super-Boni | September 17, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Belli's out with a groin injury for almost 2 weeks now.

Posted by: SF Fan | September 17, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bob L. Head | September 17, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Thanks SF, I only consulted the NFA Big Board, slipped my mind.

Posted by: BF | September 17, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

BF: here's the memo:

Hasn't played since straining his groin against Braves on 9/4. Presumably with all the kids they want to take a look at, there's no point in bringing him back less than 100% healthy.

Favorite Belliard quote -- when asked why he always plays winter ball instead of taking some time off: "I have a tendency to get fat".

Posted by: joebleux | September 17, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Since Boswell brought up the need for power in left, I walked down memory lane, not far, to one of the funniest posts ever:

I'd love to see them get another LF/1B lefty, but can anyone think of one that might be available?
Posted by: estuartj | August 8, 2008 2:02 PM
*******************************************
Hmmmmm... serious power, good OBP, hits lefty, can play left field, maybe draw a few fans, but there's no serious competition to sign him ... yes, but who? WHO??

Posted by: Section 25, my couch | August 8, 2008 2:09 PM

Posted by: flynnie | September 17, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I do so love being quoted, even in relation to someone else's joke.

I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a better alternative than Adam Dunn.

I was thinking earlier that almost half our projected '09 salary was taken up by 4 players (Kearns, Young, Johnson & Guzman) playing only 3 positions. Another thought I had was that all 3 of those positions match our 3 top prospects (Burgess, Marrero & Smiley Gonzales). All 3 of which could (but likely not Gonzales) get their cup o coffee next year and make the bigs out of ST in '10 (likely no sooner than '11 for Smiley), which happens to match when the current players contract expires. Makes you (almost) think JimBow knows what he's doing!

Posted by: estuartj | September 17, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Go Nats!

The green hats are still hideous.

Posted by: i hate walks | September 17, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

ESJ - I quoted you at the risk of incurring your wife's wrath at how big a head you get. I've never noticed any big or small-headedness in your posts, but my your head now be adorned with a green Nat's hat, left over from Save the Environment Night.

Posted by: flynnie | September 17, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

I'd wear a pink W hat before one of those green ones.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 17, 2008 7:05 PM | Report abuse

My wife is a greeny, tree hugging vegan obamamaniac. I used to have a Pave The Bay sticker on my car and spentthe last 8 years shilling for GWB.

As you might expect we don't talk politics much and if my head ever starts to get big it's from the bruise where she smacked me with a frying pan.

Posted by: estuartj | September 17, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

I remember on environmental night the Phillies lost and their TV play-by-play guy said, "Go buy an SUV! Pay Mother Nature back for what she just did to you!"
Sounds like an "opposites attract" very solid, happy-to-be-on-board, Alabama-Auburn, Roman-Catholic-Atheist sort of marriage, and I wish you joy of it, ESJ! Get that hat extra large for when she emphasizes her point with a tap on the cranium!

Posted by: flynnie | September 17, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse