Tonight's lineups

Note, Cristian Guzman is out of tonight's lineups because of the flu.

Florida

Dukes -- 9
Boone -- 3
Harris -- 7
Nieves -- 2
Martis -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  September 23, 2008; 6:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Davis, Zimmermann: Minor League Players of Year
Next: One Through Four

Comments

Andruw Jones would never have gotten the flu.

Posted by: ntr Boz | September 23, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Except for Guzman being out, this is the best available line-up with Hernandez at 2b and Boone at 1b. I suspect they will win and foil the Strasburg sweepstakes.

Posted by: ladynatsfan | September 23, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I'll take action from anyone ready to predict a Nationals victory tonight.

Posted by: Steven on Capitol Hill | September 23, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Nats don't beat Fish in '08.

Posted by: estuartj | September 23, 2008 7:08 PM | Report abuse

I still breathe a sigh of relief everytime Zimm homers - I'm so glad he has fully recovered from his injuries this year.

Posted by: Patty | September 23, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Even though the Marlins have destroyed us this year, at least we get the satisfaction of beating them out for Syracuse :)

Posted by: BSG | September 23, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Gang-

Sorry for:

1. Not posting much lately, and

2. Not wanting the Nats to win, so they get the top draft pick.

However, I must say that I really want Shairon Martis to get his first win. The kid has pitched well enough to have at least 2 victories, and I hope he is a part of our future. Let the Mariners accidentally win 2 in a row.

Posted by: Positively Half St. | September 23, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

I've been slammed at work these past few weeks and have not been able to pay much attention to MLB. Did I hear correctly that FLop was picked off on a 3rd/1st move by Brandon Webb the other night?

I was never happier as a Nats fan than when they dumped that lazy pile of wasted talent.

Posted by: NeedANatsFix | September 23, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Good call, Ladynf.

Sorry for your loss, Steven and estuartj.

BSG, I think the Nats just killed the Marlins' wild card hopes as well.

PHS, you get your wish. Sounds like Martis should have had his first hit as well but didn't due to a bad call?

Posted by: natsfan1a | September 23, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Yep, the Marlins were officially eliminated from the wild card race tonight. And I'd say that AG did a good job filling in for Guzman.

Posted by: BSG | September 23, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse

NeedANatsFix: yep. Paraphrased dialog:

Sutton: Hey, I finally saw that fake-to-third move work. Brandon Webb pulled it off last night. And guess who was on first?

Carpenter: Who?

Sutton: Felipe Lopez

Carpenter: And I have to add, we're all totally shocked.

Posted by: joebleux | September 23, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Shocked! I say, shocked!

Posted by: SF Fan | September 23, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I guess it was probably just too much work to get back to first base

Posted by: NeedANatsFix | September 23, 2008 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Nats blew it again. It's getting harder to catch the Mariners.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | September 23, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Hello everyone, I'm on vacation in France (it's tough) and haven't been able to get to a computer much but thank God we beat the Marlins. I just wanna avoid that 100 losses. I don't know what was said about the Picnic in the Park (which we attended a couple of hours before leaving for the airport) but I thought it was really nice under the circumstances--a lot better than last year's equivalent, which was on a worknight & therefore hard to get to, and at which we cdn't do anywhere near as many things. I liked seeing the dugout, for example, with the benches all beat up from the guys' cleats. And last year there wasn't any free food. That was my cheapest trip ever to the ballpark. And I love Nats Park & will miss it this winter. Anyway, go Nats no matter what. And congrats to Shairon Martis.

Posted by: Section 109 from Paris (!) | September 24, 2008 3:59 AM | Report abuse

Hey, just did the math & realized why you folks in DC weren't writing anything right now. Good morning when you wake up!

Posted by: Section 109 again | September 24, 2008 4:01 AM | Report abuse

There's also a new post when you wake up.

Posted by: Scooter | September 24, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

But how about Lastings getting picked off two different bases in one inning. I've never seen that before.

Posted by: Arkymark | September 24, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse