Teixeira To Sox? Angels? Nats?

According to Ken Rosenthal at foxsports.com, the Angels have all but given up on signing Teixeira -- and that the Nats may make him the highest offer. (Scroll down to 5:41 p.m. on his blog.)

According to mlb.com, the Angels are optimistic they can sign Teixeira.

Raise your hand if you're confused.

I know Dave thinks Tex will end up with the Angels, and some of you agree, but I have had a Red Sox feeling for awhile now and I keep getting mental images of Theo Epstein sticking million dollar bills (is there such a thing?) in Scott Boras's G-string.

There was a lot of Teixeira stuff to wade through this morning, and since it all contradicts itself, I'll just offer this one: The Boston Globe puts the Nats in the same sentence with the Red Sox and Angels. That's progress of some kind, I guess.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  December 10, 2008; 8:27 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: UPDATE: Redding-Taveras Deal Now Dead
Next: Sheinin Chat Change [Updated]

Comments

what a terrible heading. might as well write "just kidding" and nothing else.

Posted by: longterm | December 10, 2008 8:32 AM | Report abuse

not the way to start the morning. especially that homoerotic image of theo and scott. YUCK!

Posted by: thisismydcsportsopinion | December 10, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Tracee, Your links seem to require WP VPN passwords. I don't think you intended that.

Posted by: mojo6 | December 10, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

What? So Tex to the Sox, or You Think Tex Eventually Goes to the Sox?

Posted by: jameslayman | December 10, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Don't scare us like that, Tracee!

Posted by: wnorton81 | December 10, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Awful heading

Posted by: JohnJr1 | December 10, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Here's the Ken Rosenthal link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8916168/Tuesday-MLB-winter-meetings-blog

Posted by: jameslayman | December 10, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Rosenthal also has this tidbit, although by now all of this is devalued since each "reporter" contradicts himself or herself within hours of writing... (except you, Dave).

Interesting that we would be in the market for one of the second-tier closing options. They must think that we'll have some winnable games, which would certainly be a positive development.

"11:48 p.m. — UPDATED: Fuentes' suitors grow

Free-agent left-hander Brian Fuentes is drawing interest from five teams — the Cardinals, Angels, Nats, Brewers and also the Tigers.

The Nationals, a source says, are trying to sign either Mark Teixeira or Manny Ramirez while targeting Fuentes to be their new closer. However, another source suggests that the Nats will not spend heavily on a closer knowing that they are unlikely to contend next season.

Fuentes and Trevor Hoffman are the two major unsigned free-agent closers following the Mets' agreement with Francisco Rodriguez and the Indians' near-agreement with Kerry Wood.

The Angels view Fuentes as a possible replacement for Rodriguez. The Cardinals are looking for a short-term closer, and the Tigers are also in the market for a ninth-inning specialist."

Posted by: faNATic | December 10, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Lets get real. Teixeira will go to the highest bidder, period.

Posted by: GoNatsTerps | December 10, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, I am attempting to work at home today while ailing, and I have no idea why my links are different from here, but they are. Many apologies for that. Let me see if I can fix it. And the headline.

Posted by: traceeh | December 10, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

OK, the links are fixed. Thanks for letting me know right away.

Posted by: traceeh | December 10, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

much better, thanks.

Posted by: jameslayman | December 10, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

BF and TEX would make the Nats a player on the "big stage". Bringing in Manny would get the Nats 5 extra minutes of weekly coverage over on Redskins Radio and maybe an occasional "shout-out" from Wilpon and Steinbag.

Just say "No" to Manny!

Posted by: TippyCanoe | December 10, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I thought the million dollar bill in thong was rather funny imagery!

Posted by: misschatter | December 10, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse