Chatter Up!

Three baseball chats today.

Go here for Boz.

Go here for Collin Balester.

Go here for Jamie Moyer.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  February 11, 2009; 10:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Early Arrivals
Next: A Literary Chronology of Washington Spring Training History

Comments

Got new posted....

Ok, so it looks like the FA market is starting to pick back up.

Angels signed Abreu, and there is a report saying that the Dodgers will make a big "splash" and sign Manny and O.Hudson.

The Mariners are setting their sights on Griffey and Garrett Anderson.

I guess that only leaves Adam Dunn with possibly only one offer on the table which is from the Nats......

Posted by: FloresFan | February 11, 2009 10:02 AM

This all according to MLBtraderumors.com

Posted by: FloresFan | February 11, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Chatter up - that's cute.

Thanks for all of the chat opportunities this week.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 11, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

BTW, hidden hot link (or whatever you call those new fangled, high tech thingies) doesn't seem to have taken for the third item.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 11, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: estuartj | February 11, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Somehow I feel the Giants are going to get back into the Manny sweepstakes. And if they lose out there, why wouldn't they then go after Dunn?

I hate to say it, but he seems clearly uninterested in signing with the Nats. Another way to look at it, why should he be in a hurry to decide? If the Nats have had an offer out there for months and haven't lowered it yet, then I don't think they'd lower it after Manny signs.

Posted by: dclifer | February 11, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

"I don't think the Hudson to Dodgers thing is for real. The LAD pick 17th and losing that for Orlando Hudson seems VERY steep, especially since rival Arizona gets the the pick."

If they shell out the millions to get Manny, it's pretty clear that they expect to win now. And if they view Hudson as that last little piece, then I don't think losing the pick would preclude them from the signing.

Posted by: dclifer | February 11, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

IF Manny signs too, this might be a high stakes game of chicken between Manny and Dunn. If the Giants get Manny then the LAD might be desperate enough to give Dunn the deal he needs. Works the other way around too, but as long as both are looking to Manny first they don't want to "settle" for Dunn. They could also both be trying to raise the cost for Manny, but neither really wants him. Tough to know.

Now how long will Dunn wait before he picks a home? After ST starts he might find it even tougher to find a team if everyone starts going with internal options (like the Nats seeing DY healthy or Rhinehart/Marrero looking "ready" decide to go with Nick at 1B and Willingham in LF and then we have no place for Dunn - that's a long shot, but how long can Dunn hold out?).

Posted by: estuartj | February 11, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Why is a Philadelphia player doing a chat with the Washington Post?

Posted by: Scott_in_Shaw | February 11, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

What is the deal with Boz, slowest chat ever and with pitcher and catchers reporting on Saturday I was hoping for a lot more talk about the future than the past...

Posted by: estuartj | February 11, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Serious issue:

I'm getting married in October and the cost of the wedding has forced me to give up my pair of field level, front-row seats. However, the Mrs. did agree to a cheap pair for the season in the upper deck - my rep said there were 2 seats for $10/game just above 3rd base...I just need another group or two to go in with me. We'll draft and everything - anybody interested?

Posted by: Corey42 | February 11, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Corey42,

I'm interested. I need more details.

nicobaca@gmail.com

Posted by: NatsandSkinsareclassclassclass | February 11, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Just housekeeping kind of stuff, not very interesting, but there is a new post...

Posted by: CEvansJr | February 11, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and in between there's a nice piece on baseball history ...

Posted by: CEvansJr | February 11, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse