Chico on Strasburg

Chico's most recent trip was to San Diego, where he spent time with Stephen Strasburg. It's running on the dead-tree Sports front on Sunday, but I thought you might like a sneak peek.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  February 7, 2009; 6:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hill Wins Arbitration Case
Next: Strasburg Outtakes

Comments

Natsfan1a:

There's your souvenir.

Excellent piece, Chico. Thanks, Tracee!

Posted by: wigi | February 7, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Helluva story, Chico. Helluva pitcher. Thanks, Tracee, for the sneak peek. Now, can the Lerners dig deep enough to pay for the guy? I am usually extremely leery about No. 1 draft picks in baseball--especially pitchers--but this guy seems like the exception to that rule. Ted, no more eating out until you sign this guy.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | February 7, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Great, great story. I think we can forgive Chico for his absence now.

Posted by: Scott_in_Shaw | February 7, 2009 8:55 PM | Report abuse

It's a good article. I just hope Strasburg's growing pain is less than Detwiler's before the impatient fans get too talkative.

Posted by: VelocityAtrocity | February 7, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love these Post reporters working the angle on the February California trips - last year Svrluga visits Nick Johnson and this year Chico grabs the Strasburg story. My respect grows.

Posted by: natbisquit | February 7, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Very nice story BTW. It would certainly be delightful to have such a strong talent on the team. (If Boras does not ruin him.)

Posted by: natbisquit | February 7, 2009 10:17 PM | Report abuse

This is a signing (barring injury) that has to be made, I don't care who the (Bor-ass) agent is.

Posted by: cokedispatch | February 7, 2009 11:11 PM | Report abuse

3 words: Pay The Man.

Posted by: Section406 | February 7, 2009 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I've still got faith in the Lerners, but if they screw up by failing to sign Strasburg, I'm done with this franchise. This is make-or-break deal, and if they fail, they will pay the price...

Posted by: BGinVA | February 8, 2009 1:55 AM | Report abuse

Post of the day to wigi for caring enough to pay attention. Or for paying enough attention to care.

Great piece, Chico. This is why you're our beat writer.

-----

Natsfan1a:

There's your souvenir.

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 8, 2009 2:22 AM | Report abuse

Great story, Chico (and a virtual hat tip to Wigi).

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 8, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse