Please Check Out the Bog

Dan Steinberg's Bog is full of Nats stuff, including a video of Adam Dunn. Lots of entries so I'm just sending you to the full blog. Latest item is on the Dunn-Milledge number swap. Check it out.

It's like the Baseball Bunch here at NJ today: Chico, Barry, Sheinin, Steinberg. Boz is writing Frowny (I think that name should stick) for the dead tree edition so keep an eye out for that, too!

By Tracee Hamilton  |  February 19, 2009; 3:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chief Throws, Nats Watch
Next: Desmond's Hand Injury

Comments

I (and NatsNut) can attest that the quantity and quality of posts at the Bog have been stellar this week. Check it out, guys and gals!

I'm also enjoying the Baseball Bunch contributions and will watch for the Boz piece. Thanks for the heads up, Tracee.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 19, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Great stuff. Keep it coming. The Dunn-Milledge swap for #44 and the Ocho Cinco bit is great!!!!

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | February 19, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

"There are GM options out there at the ready, even if you don't believe in Rizzo (which is hard to truly determine from seeing him at one NatsFest event)."

Options, or possibilities? Of course there are multiple better choices than Bowden out there. That's not at issue. But are any of them ready, willing and able to step in tomorrow if Bowden is fired today? Or are they options just like Stan Kasten is an option for the vacant Blue Jays presidency, i.e. much talked about but never gonna happen? An interregnum in the GM position is, as I said, a step back. Are things really THAT bad with Bowden that months of no GM would be better?

"The 24/7/365 thing with regards to Bowden is a bit overblown to me.

Does he work hard? I'm sure he does. Does he work any harder than any other GM? I find that much more difficult to believe.

The successful GMs are fully engaged. Giving Bowden too much credit for it is as misguided as those who fail to acknowledge the work he does in the first place."

Be that as it may, he does do things that would still need to be done if he wasn't doing them. Many things. Most of them benign. But things that if they aren't done would be missed, and have a negative effect on the organization's growth. Most everyone agrees that the Nationals just aren't doing enough - of anything. Removing manpower from the organization without an equivalent replacement for it is not going to move them any closer to doing enough, much less doing more than enough as you and everyone want. I repeat, if Rizzo takes Bowden's job then who does Rizzo's job? And on down the line. Hard as it may be for you to believe, simply removing Bowden from the picture would not be addition by subtraction.

Posted by: nunof1 | February 19, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

@nunof1 - "simply removing Bowden from the picture would not be addition by subtraction."

Perhaps yes. Perhaps no. The Nationals need to determine whether Jim Bowden is the guy they want in charge of turning the page. Included in that is determining his replacement. His replacement's replacement. And so on. There are a thousand parameters to consider. 99% of which we will never know.

My point is that the a decision needs to be made one way or another soon.

Posted by: Brian_ | February 19, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

"Lots of entries so I'm just sending you to the full blog."

Since it was I who kvetched earlier about not getting links to specific posts, I wanted to say that I appreciate this. Thanks again.

Posted by: Scooter_ | February 20, 2009 8:16 AM | Report abuse