Zimmermann: 6 Up, 6 Down

Boz just called and reported Jordan Zimmermann went six up, six down. Wish I knew more but Boz has moved on to other topics. Chico is busier than the devil working on the Rijo/Bowden situation so I thought I'd throw some actual baseball news out there...

By Tracee Hamilton  |  February 26, 2009; 1:54 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Smiley Shows Up
Next: Oh By The Way

Comments

Yes, very impressive. 2 innings, no hits, no walks and 3 Ks. Struck out Magglio Ordonez swinging.

Posted by: kfisher32 | February 26, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

And ... only threw 20 pitches in his two full innings. Zimmermann also started the double-play to erase Orr's error, which was critical.

Posted by: faNATic | February 26, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I had to do a double check on the box score when it said

DP: (Zimmermann, J-Desmond-Johnson).

My first though who is J-Desmond? Then I saw the extra N...

Posted by: estuartj | February 26, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Nats "Starters" (Lannan, Martis, Balester & J-Zim) are a combined 8.0IP 0H 1BB 8K through two games. Relievers? Well never mind!

Posted by: estuartj | February 26, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

I didn't know Terrell was a Red. Believe it or not, I smiled briefly.

Oh yeah, just heard that Robert Fick didn't make the Italy WBC team.

Posted by: dclifer | February 26, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

The radio coverage from mlb.com is great -- highly recommended.

Posted by: garfield1 | February 26, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Garfield1:

I've had the MLB.TV package since 2005... and it includes the radio package - and there is also a radio package for smartphones... I love them... I can get the game anywhere... and I live in Alaska.

Particularly good when salmon fishing.

Posted by: wigi | February 26, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Will the new Screech be able to remove his hat during the Star-Spangled Banner?

Posted by: Section506 | February 26, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Gee, ya think the pitchers are a little ahead of the hitters? Not a lot of offense today.

Wigi, you need to ship us some of that salmon!

Posted by: BobLHead | February 26, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Radio package for smart phones, you say? I know someone (me) who might be getting a smart phone ...

Posted by: Scooter_ | February 26, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Am I reading the box score right and Dmitri got him by another pitch? I'm starting to the DY is like Coach from Cheers...

Posted by: estuartj | February 26, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Charlie and Dave boomed in on WFED-1500 in Bethesda. Got XM Radio just in case it doesn't. A swift, neat 2-1 win. Every Day Jesus Colome with the save. What's not to like? Spring is here; baseball on the radio. Tomorrow, a test: can Shaun Hill pitch two innings and be able to lift his right arm and comb his hair the next day?

Posted by: jdschulz50 | February 26, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

To keep commenting on the Nats, you are also invited to check out ExtremeNats.com!

Posted by: DCNats | February 26, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Yep, he was plunked again, estuartj.

It was great listening to Charlie and Dave! (I can pick up 1500 fairly well in the daytime, although at night it's quite poor.)

A curly W is in the books. Go NATS!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | February 26, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

.500, baby!! Woohoo!

J-Z is da man!

Oh, and Screech will be getting a makeover consistent with 2009, He was so 2005, housing boom, Iraq War, and all. The new, 2009 Screech model will wear a tattered jersey and a 1000-yd. gaze, Instead of wearing his Nats cap, he will hold it out as he begs change from fans -- not for himself, mind you. All proceeds will go to paying Strasburg's bonus.

Posted by: fischy | February 26, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Change we can believe in.

Posted by: fischy | February 26, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

seriously -- a curly W, but Colome nearly gave it away -- Bernardina at the wall to make the final out.

Posted by: fischy | February 26, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Screech will have a french flag on his Costume, since we are now a socialist country. Just sayin'

Posted by: Section505203 | February 26, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Even though it's only the second game (actually first for most of the players today), it's good to see Balester and Zimmermann toss 2 strong innings each (and Lannan and Martis yesterday, too).

Also, good to see Marrero put a couple good swings in there as well.

Keep up the good start!

Posted by: erocks33 | February 26, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

S505203

You are not a socialist country. Don't worry.

Do you work in government?

Posted by: soundbloke | February 26, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Bob L:

I usually bring salmon with me on my visits. I probably won't bring any in April, but September I usually have a freezer full. Hit me up then!

Last year I caught a 25 pound king salmon while listening to the Nats on my smartphone.

The Nats lost, though.

Posted by: wigi | February 26, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Where's LDO when you need him?

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

2 for 3, 2 Runs

Also, hats off to our RBI-ers to Nieves with a double, 1 for 2 and Merrero's 1 for 2.

Posted by: Section506 | February 26, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Glad I apparently wasn't the only one yelling "ORRRRR!" at my radio.

Or maybe I was the only one.

You know what? I take it back. I don't care if anyone else did.

So there.

Posted by: Scooter_ | February 26, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, folks, apparently the start of spring training games has me giddy as a Boswell.

Or maybe it's just the new post.

Posted by: Scooter_ | February 26, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse