Chatter Up!

Boz -- Thomas Boswell to search engines everywhere -- will chat at noon today. Here's the link.

And mark your calendars: Nats President Stan Kasten will chat on Tuesday, March 24, at 11 a.m.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  March 19, 2009; 7:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Milledge Leaves Game With Injury
Next: Three Errors for Dunn

Comments

I'm no stat-head, so what's the rating that shows how many runs/wins your defense will cost the team?

Team USA played Dunn at first last night, and he is horrendous there. The innings watched- 1. He didn't cut a throw from RF even though there was no chance at home, and they could have had the batter easily in a rundown. Maybe he didn't hear the catcher...
2. Another cut-ff play where he was out of position.
3. A pop-up more than halfway between home and first, and the catcher barely made the play with Dunn looking like an oaf. After making the play, Iannetta gave him the look like "I would say something, but you are clearly in over your head."

Posted by: jctichen | March 19, 2009 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Joel Hanrahan had another good inning in relief. 2 K's and no hits.

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | March 19, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Fantastic insightful and uplifting Marquis Grissom story, Chico. Along with Barry’s reporting from the Dominican Republic, it’s Pulitzer-type stuff. I also enjoyed yesterday’s feature about T.C. Williams High School, written by your colleague. Together, they represent some of the best and most inspiring sports news reporting anyone can imagine. How lucky we are to have Marquis Grissom! Not so much with LM.

“The players are given books to read. They wear slacks and collared shirts. They eat together. … This year, Grissom expects about 80 percent of the players from his top 18-year-old team to go to college.”

“From a young age, athletes are cautioned about T.C.'s C-average requirement to participate in athletics (a sore point with many because of the students it excludes) …”

In re Mr. Thrilledge: His dad, Tony, says he's the spitting image (spit and image, actually) of veteran Marquis Grissom.

"I don't really compare myself to a major league player, cause I want to be more special than somebody else.”

“Milledge … weighs every word rather than blurt out answers to questions.”

Milledge: “I did it my way. Nobody else told me what I need to do. I didn't try nobody else's way. I tried my way.”

Grissom: “I did what I had to do; what I was told to do … When my coach told me something, ‘This is how you do it,’ it was a done deal.”

Posted by: nova_g_man | March 19, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

New post, with more cutting and pasting. Yay!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 19, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse