Lineups From Roger Dean Stadium

Pena - DH
Harris - 5
Hernandez - 4
Nieves - 2

Pitcher: Hill

By Chico Harlan  |  March 16, 2009; 12:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nats Make 11 Cuts
Next: More About The Cuts

Comments

Hill on the hill? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: twinbrook | March 16, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chico, could you try to post the opposing team's lineup during these ST games? It's especially helpful in getting a sense of what level of opposition our starting pitcher is facing that day--the established big-leaguers, or AA/AAA competition. Thanks.

Posted by: CoverageisLacking | March 16, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

On the hill or over it?

I'm rooting for the guy, and I really hope he pulls through and has a productive season. But a full year of pain management does not seem like a viable solution to this problem.

If he's healthy, the Nats have three options: 1) he earns a spot in the rotation, 2) he's optioned for an unofficial rehab stint, or 3) he gets the ol' Patterson Jettison.

If he's injured, they can shut him down and hope he gets better, or just cut ties.

I can't be the only one who's starting to feel like time's running out for him.

Posted by: JohninMpls | March 16, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

"Another problem with those comments is he is trying to associate himself to Dukes."

Odd. I read both the paper story and the blog post, and I don't see Milledge associating himself with Dukes. I see Chico Harlan associating Milledge with Dukes, and various players and coaches associating Milledge with Dukes - probably because Chico Harlan asked them to. Indeed, here is the only quote from Milledge about Dukes at all.

"Said Milledge: "I think [Dukes] can be the best right fielder in the game if he stays healthy. This year. I think he's a 30-30 guy." "

What's wrong with him saying that, JayBeee?

"I do not really mind his personality and I surely do not care about his "wife or girl friend relationships....What I care about his production on the field and that is the problem."

Really, JayBee? Then why do you spend so much time harping on stuff that Milledge does outside the game - belt loops, 'do rag, stretching, warming up between innings, yada yada yada - and say comparatively little about his on-field performance? Methinks thou dost protest too much here.

Posted by: nunof1 | March 16, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

CiL, the lineup for the Phish:

Maybin, CF
Coghlan, DH
Ramirez, H, SS
McPherson, 3B
Uggla, 2B
De Aza, RF
Lindsey, 1B
Raynor, LF
Rabelo, C

And a link to the live box:

Posted by: BobLHead | March 16, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Love free wireless.....If Milledge improved his defense, his arm, his base running, his AB's, his situational hitting then I would not have to be frustrated by watching him not work on his game. That is the point.

Posted by: JayBeee | March 16, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

JayBee, are you at the game? The box score is even sleepier than usual today.

Posted by: BobLHead | March 16, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

One thing from Chico's article really hit home for me. It really does seem that baseball in general, and Spring Training specifically, are mostly exercises in wasting time. I know that such a thing would drive me crazy.

I understand that this is the life they dreamed of, and I am not feeling sorry for the millionaires, by any means. However, I can see how that would be pretty difficult for some personalities. I don't know that Lastings is spending the 2 to 3 hours before stretching writing The Great American Novel, but I can understand why he might not want to spend so much additional time standing around.

It also gives me more insight to why Jack McGeary has insisted on going to Stanford.

+1/2St.