Through Four: Nats 2, Braves 2

I'm assuming that's it for Daniel Cabrera, who was on his way to his best outing of the spring thus far through three, allowing only a pair of singles and facing 10 men. But in the fourth, some disarray: double for Jordan Schafer, stolen base, RBI grounder from Escobar, another groundout, then a single and a walk. He's now being relieved by Jason Bergmann with runners on first and second and two down.

His line to this point: 3-2/3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.

And that just changed, because Brandon Jones singled off the glove of Anderson Hernandez, so Cabrera is charged with two runs. His ERA on the spring: 4.70.

The Ntas' three hits on the day all came in teh third, and Zimmerman's RBI double stands up as the only big blow.

I'll get you a final and any other moments that look like animals-on-props. Also will mention that because we're at Disney, there's a female version of Clint who goes by "Suzy Q" and that,as the PA guy will remind us, "Programs are available for five buckaroooooos!" Get. Me. Outta. Here.

Otherwise, I'm going to hack on this here story that will appear in the paper and on the InterWeb. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

By Barry Svrluga  |  March 12, 2009; 2:10 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Breaking News: Cabrera Gets Hit, Guzman Takes Pitch
Next: Braves 6, Nats 2, Middle Of 8th

Comments

... sorry for the backhanded slap in the last post, Barry, but I just now realized where you are, and how awful it feels to be held against your will in such a disneyfied place.

Posted by: natscanreduxit | March 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

and there's not even a Panera in sight.

Posted by: lowcountry | March 12, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

not even a kippin' Space Shuttle launch to look forward to. Kip.

Posted by: CEvansJr | March 12, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Buckaroo Bonzai?

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | March 12, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Do they sell Good Humors in the stands?

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | March 12, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

oh, and mjames0, if you're still there, sorry for hijacking your question on Boz's chat today, but it was such a good point, it needed more air than just here.

(it looks like Boz agrees with you, btw).

Posted by: NatsNut | March 12, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

"Get. Me. Outta. Here."
__________________________________________________________

Classic stuff.

Posted by: Section505203 | March 12, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

15 batters faced, and only one walk? I'll take it.

(I realize my standards for D. Cab are low. I'm really happy he hasn't killed a beat writer yet with a wild throw.)

Posted by: Section138 | March 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I think we're learning what we have in D-Cab, a couple of good innings followed by a breakdown involving walks and the inability to hold runners. We need to put our best defense out there behind him.

138, maybe Flores will have Cabrera wing one at Screech at some point this season, a la "throw it at the bull."

Posted by: BobLHead | March 12, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

... I missed something. Can anyone tell me how and when Josh Towers arrived at the Nats ST? Is he a non-roster invitee? Is he on a minor-league non-guaranteed? Or something else?

Posted by: natscanreduxit | March 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

How did Bergmann do? Box score says only .1 innings.

Posted by: NatsNut | March 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Bergmann gave up a hit to allow one of Cabrera's runners to score before getting out of the inning with a K.

Dunno why Acta pinch-hit for him, I hope it's not injury related.

Posted by: sec307 | March 12, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I found the Panera on Vineland Ave. on my way taking my wife to the Outlets in Orlando which was my payment to her for going around Spring Training with me.

Kearns throwing out the runner at 1st base from Right Field was a highlight along with Zim's gap double.

Sect 307 - Bergmann gave up a hit that was an error IMHO. Hard hit liner right at Hernandez's head at 2nd and he misjudged it and hit off of his glove and should have been caught.

Posted by: dmacman88 | March 12, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Is it possible that you can just open up one post per game so my reader doesn't get bogged down? If someone wanted to follow, they could just click on that link. Thanks.

Posted by: Elyse315 | March 12, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Elyse, but Barry, please Post on, dude.

Posted by: CEvansJr | March 12, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse