Beer. Rent. The Important Things in Life.

Dan Steinberg has gotten a copy of the Pentagon Papers, er, a list of the beers that will be served at Nats Park. So, bigger ...

I missed this earlier: The Nats paid their rent.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  April 2, 2009; 1:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sosa Is Coming, Sosa Is Coming
Next: The List Of What's Left

Comments

"-----------------
Robert F. Kennedy

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 1:14 PM"

... thanx OldDude, and sorry for my ignorance. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was/is an international figure. But I doubt Robert's assassination is held in the same regard outside the US as John's is.

... back to baseball.

Go Nats!!

Posted by: natscanreduxit | April 2, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

""He's going to be part of our inventory," Manager Manny Acta said."

... can't recall which of us said it first, but I think I now agree: the use of the word 'inventory' to refer to the actual human beings on the team, is somewhat uncaring if not disrespectful.

Posted by: natscanreduxit | April 2, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

What happened to the Hook and Ladder brews? They were the best part of coming to Nationals' Park.

Speaking of which -- have they given up on finding a corporate name for the stadium?

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

"I doubt Robert's assassination is held in the same regard outside the US as John's is."

--------------------------------------------

Are you sure you want to stick with that sentence?? In what part of the world is JFK's assassination held in high regard? I mean, other than Fidel's inner sanctotum...?

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

It seems to me to somewhat uncaring, if not disrespectful to say that the assassination of a President's brother isn't held in the same regard as the assassination of the President himself.

So, there.

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

1. "regard" can have a neutral connotation, though it's not heard very often. Otherwise there would be no such thing as "high regard."

2. RFK was actually fairly well known as an international figure, especially in regards (!) to opposing apartheid.

Posted by: Section506 | April 2, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

ZIMMMMMMMMMMMM

Posted by: Section138 | April 2, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Nats are exploding in the 4th, I'm losing track...ZMAN homered again, lots of doubles and singles, I think it is 8 or 9 to 5 now....I hope this stuff keeps up all season.

Posted by: cokedispatch | April 2, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Kearns HR.

(just thought I'd balance the haters).

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

OK, Kearns just went deep, and it is 9-5 Nats.

Posted by: cokedispatch | April 2, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm takin a nap...fingers getting tired, whew. GOING GOING GONE..GO NATS, STAY HOT

Posted by: cokedispatch | April 2, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Who here thinks Fischy (playing the role of Francis from Stripes) needs to lighten up a bit?

"Lighten up Fischy"

Posted by: Section505203 | April 2, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Attaboy, Zimm! (x 2) Attaboy, Kearnsy!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 2, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

The Z-Man and J-Max are awesome.

If I could put together my dream Nats team (what the team would be if I were GM):

Soriano -- Maxwell -- Guillen
(Church/Kearns [he seems to be a new man] and Dukes as 4th and 5th OFs)

ZMan -- Guzman -- Hernandez/Bonifacio -- Johnson
(Harris, Young, maybe Casto on the bench)

Hill, Zimmermann, Lannan, Hernandez, Martis

Hanrahan, Beimel, Bergmann, Rivera, Hinckley, Albaladejo and maybe Majewski (I know -- can't have Kearns and Majewski).

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Hat tip to NatsNut on breaking the rent story, and on the inventory usage.

I'm not interested in the beer story myself, Tracee (don't drink). However, should you get to the food tasting, I'll be very interested to read all about it.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 2, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Oops -- left off the catchers: Schneider and Flores.

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

You guys seem to be happy about these Kearns HRs. Not sure why.

Moyer is just the type of pitcher Kearns eats up, nothing but low 80s BP away. If only there were more than 1 pitcher in the division that threw that way it would make him starting seem remotely rational.

Goooo Nats!