Casto, O'Connor to Syracuse; T. Young on DL

Kory Casto and Mike O'Connor cleared waivers and were outrighted to Syracuse.

More to come from Mr. Berman in Norfolk.

By Tracee Hamilton  |  April 3, 2009; 3:05 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hello! (Or, Here Comes Boz)
Next: Area Supremacy, Roster Inactivity and Lineups

Comments

Ah, I had a feeling when I saw the Casto header. Good luck to you, Kory. Hope to see you in the bigs again at some point!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 3, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Good luck to Kory and Paige. Looks like Ladson had it right even though I had hoped there would be a way for Casto to be in full Nats uniform on Opening Day.

Maybe Kory can finally get batting consistently like he did in AAA last year.

Each time he gets called up he looks great for a few games and then falls into a batting funk. A .215 average in the MLB just won't cut it vs. what he did in AAA at .308

Posted by: dmacman88 | April 3, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

There's a lineup post, BTW, and the game is on local radio if you can pick up the signal.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 3, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

I'm really surprised Kory passed through waivers.

On the one hand I'm glad he's still with the organization. But I wonder if he's disappointed he's not starting with a clean slate somewhere else.

Posted by: NatsNut | April 3, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Glad Casto made it through waivers, even though the rational part of me is realistic about his prospects, given that he was the organization's minor league player of the year at a time when the Nats' minor league system was a ghost of a shell.

After reading Chico's story on him, though, I wish him all the best.

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I wondered about that, too, NatsNut.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 3, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

>The Nats also put righty Terrell Young on the disabled list, retroactive to March 27, with right shoulder inflammation.

Smart move by Rizzo - he's rule 5 and they can stash him for awhile.

Posted by: Brue | April 3, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse