Lineups

Just returned from the Nationals dugout. Reaction to come on the Kensing acquisition. In the mean time, here are tonight's lineups:

Nationals (4-15)

Werth -- RF
Ibanez -- LF
Feliz -- 3B
Coste -- C
Myers -- RHP

By Zach Berman  |  April 29, 2009; 6:04 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nats Trade For RHP Kensing
Next: Kensing Arrives, Guzman Returns

Comments

So nice to see Guzman in the line up. Bets on if he slaps a nice single on his first at-bat?

Posted by: irishnat | April 29, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

First at-bat? First pitch...

Posted by: joebleux | April 29, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Kensing, eh? I'm intrigued. No comments about Rizzo the genius of evaluating talent?

Sorry, Mike, you're in charge now, those days of being a hero are gone.

Posted by: Section506 | April 29, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

The more I see of Rizzo the more I get depressed.

Posted by: SaveOurTeam | April 29, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

off topic and similar to Traveler's question last week about redundancy. What do they mean by a "contact hitter"? Or "hits for contact"?

I'm thinking, duh. If you hit, you contact.

Posted by: NatsNut | April 29, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Wow - lots of strikeouts on both sides tonight so far...oops spoke too soon - P-Happy just walked.

Posted by: PattyinSJ | April 29, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Did Carpenter really just say that "Cristian Guzman is hard to defense"?

Posted by: artvandelay2 | April 29, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

@NN:

Posted by: BinM | April 29, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Man, we need our team leader to get a base hit with the bases loaded. Bummer.

Posted by: usmc53 | April 29, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

I really like this lineup, by the way.
I like having Kearns in there over Willingham, but it's a good looking lineup nonetheless.

Let's get a win.

Posted by: usmc53 | April 29, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

On another note, I read today where Steven Shell opted for free agency, and Wil Ledezma accepted his DFA to SYR. I'm personally sorry to see Shell go out of the orginazation, and wish him well.

Posted by: BinM | April 29, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

@usmc53:

Darned near every lineup looks good to you; Just admit it, you're a Nationals optimist (It's OK to say it, there are a few of us out here).

Posted by: BinM | April 29, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Guilty.
Tonight is the night we turn it around.

Posted by: usmc53 | April 29, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

"A "contact hitter" is a slight upgrade from a "slap hitter", IMO - that is, the contact hitter may have occaisional power to the OF gaps, but the slap hitter is a singles hitter that may turn the occaisional double with speed."

Both of these are differentiated from the "not hitter," who taps the ball to the shortstop, epitomized by Nook Logan and far too many others on recent teams.

Posted by: Section506 | April 29, 2009 8:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking the contact hitting

Posted by: HotNats | April 29, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

@506:

Nook was the "slap hitter" that couldn't.

Posted by: BinM | April 29, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

If I weren't such a nice person I'd opine about perhaps being more like a b*tch slap hitter, but I won't do that. Oops, did I type that out loud?

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 30, 2009 7:43 AM | Report abuse