This Afternoon's Lineup

Milledge sits this one out... I'll tack on Atlanta's lineup once we get word.

Washington

Guzman -- 6
Dukes -- 8
Zimmerman -- 5
Dunn -- 3
Kearns -- 9
Willingham -- 7
Bard -- 2
Harris -- 4
Olsen -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  April 12, 2009; 11:34 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What Does The Winless Start Mean?
Next: Tickets Still Available For Opening Day

Comments

Good to see Dukes back

Posted by: jstack34 | April 12, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Great news! Milledge isn't playing! Dukes is not hurt!

Posted by: Vladman1327 | April 12, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

i like the guzman dukes (8) spots in the lineup...

Posted by: theredskin | April 12, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I guess it's the football coach in me but, I wish he would get pis*ed and rip his team a little or hell argue a call and get kicked out for a change. I know it's not his style but, sometimes coach's/manager's do things out of character in an effort to rally their team a little.

Posted by: Section505203 | April 12, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

A little bit of a shake-up in this lineup - Let's see if Bard can get anything out of Olsen.

Posted by: BinM | April 12, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I hope this line-up produces a different result. Glad to see Dukes back. I hope Ole has a better day on the hill, eh.

Posted by: cokedispatch | April 12, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not at the JayB level of disgust with Acta but, I do wish he would have a little more fire in his belly."
-------------------------------
505: I personally hope you never get to JayBeee's level; It's dark & angry there.

Posted by: BinM | April 12, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

On Acta's management style - Since Manny seems to believe in statistics, just once I'd like to see him come out for the pre-game lineup exchange & as an umpire "Are we gonna see one strike zone today, or the same two you called last time" & get tossed before the opening pitch.

It will never happen, but imagine the possibilities.

Posted by: BinM | April 12, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Oops - "ask an umpire".

Posted by: BinM | April 12, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I remember Bard catching Olsen at least once in ST.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 12, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Yay! Milledge is out of the lineup! About time, too, because the Nationals have lost every game he's played this year.

Oh, wait, they've lost every game he didn't play too. Never mind.

Posted by: nunof1 | April 12, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

57 team strikeouts.

Minor league level pitching.

Bad News Bears level defense.

Maybe lightning will strike, but it sure looks like the Gnats will be 0-6 at the home opener.

Posted by: randy_boyd | April 12, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

It's hard to beat major leaguers when your starting centerfielder and leadoff man is a minor leaguer. Every night I pray for lineups like this one; without Lastings Milledge. Let's hope Dukes can stay healthy and sane. And Manny, if you really care about Sabermetrics, how can you keep putting so much faith in a guy with a career .727 OPS, no plate discipline, and no discernible work ethic???

Posted by: rucks35 | April 12, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Let's go NATS!!!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 12, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Is it bad Nationals-Bowden karma or what? Bonafacio leads MLB in average and Ryan Church is number 4.

Posted by: nattydread1 | April 12, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

New post still available.

Posted by: Scooter_ | April 12, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

This is getting ridiculous. Two things are really starting to piss me off.

1) The way we have hit with runners in scoring position. (As I type this we get three runs with two outs.)

2) The basic mental errors we are making. Both by the players and the coaching staff. How can you not hold McCann on? He had 5 steals last year. Wake the %^$# up Manny. Also, if and it is a big IF, if Dukes is healthy he has to play. He is so far ahead of Kearns and Milledge in my eyes it is not even close.

I have been the biggest fan of Acta in the past but I am starting to question the culture of the team. You hear stuff about guys missing meetings, showing up late etc. Take Milledge and send him to AAA until he decides he is ready to play. There is my rant for now. At least it is 3-3 now.

Posted by: Natstown | April 12, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse