Today's Lineup

Jamie Moyer pitches for the Phillies here in Clearwater, Fla.

Maxwell - 8
Guzman - 6
Zimmerman - 5
Dunn - 3
Kearns - 9
Willingham - 7
Belliard - 4
Flores - 2
Olsen - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  April 2, 2009; 11:40 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heading North, At Least for the Weekend
Next: Sosa Is Coming, Sosa Is Coming

Comments

Aside from Zimmerman, today's IF defense would make Ozzie Smith roll over in his grave*

*yes, I know he is not dead

Posted by: Brian_ | April 2, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Ozzie Smith would never roll over in his grave. He'd cartwheel.

Posted by: nunof1 | April 2, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

What is the over / under on how many times Belliard sets up on the infield dirt rather than his customary rover position? Still would not mind him and Willie platooning there.

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | April 2, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I know this pertains to the previous post, but since someone criticized "When it Clicked," I want to say that was my favorite part. Dave got some terrific interviews for some of those IMHO. Glad to know to watch for it on the Insider.
Sure hope Levy's keeps the gelato cart.

Posted by: Section109 | April 2, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I hope Maxwell has a big day in CF. If so, maybe it'll inch Manny and Rizzo towards trading Millege.

Also, it's good to see Flores in the lineup.

Posted by: usmc53 | April 2, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Hernandez and Dmitri to the 15-day DL

Posted by: Brian_ | April 2, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

"Tom Boswell: The Redskins just never go away, not even on Opening Day. It's a blessing and a curse. But more a blessing if you're a sports writer. The only problem with the Redskins, as a topic, is that they do the same things over and over and over. If they wered actually successful __just once__ with this Buy A Trip to the Super Bowl act, then the cycle would be broken. Then the redundant beat-a-derad-horse aspect would disappear. They really are a fascinating saga. But I think you have to be from Washington __or have lived here a while__ to get it. When I'm 1,000 miles from here and the Redskins come up, they are always dismissed as a Snyder joke, a non-contender, an expensive .500 object lesson in poor management, a cliche that only interests DC.

Sobering. And annoying."

Even more annoying is the fact that this Boz-o is annoyed by the out-of-town media's treatment of his beloved local football team while he and the rest of Washington's media do the exact same thing to their own local baseball team. It's the opposite of sobering to this reader, Boz. It's enough to drive me to drink.

Posted by: nunof1 | April 2, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Note, for you GameDay Audio folks, you can listen to the Philly Pheed today...

A bit late on this, but still:

First game was at DC stadium sometime in May of '66, don't recall the opponent as I was 4 at the time. Went to about 10 to 15 games a year (loved those day/night double headers - Dad would skip out of work a bit early and we'd see from about the middle of the 2nd of the first game until about the 5th or 6th of the second [when I was falling asleep]), including the last game at RFK (he didn't let me run on the field, the party pooper).

I've been to 14 other Major league parks (Memorial (Bal.), Camden, Yankee, Fenway, Shea, Wrigley, Comiskey (V. 1 and V. 2) and New Comiskey, Bush (V. 2), Murphy, Dodger, Candlestick, Kingdome and Nats)

And a whole mess of minor league parks (30? 40?).

Yeah, I like baseball.

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

“June 6, 1968. Moment of silence.

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity”

... sorry, jca, but my memory isn’t what it used to be. Can you explain the reference?

Posted by: natscanreduxit | April 2, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Moyer. An object lesson for all those who seem to think that the only good "pitcher" is one who can throw the ball through a wall. Speed is fine, but being able to PITCH is more important.

Sure, he is not now what he was - though when I last saw him in DC he made the entire lineup look silly with his 78mph "fastball" and 65mph change-up.

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

“June 6, 1968. Moment of silence.

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity”

Posted by: natscanreduxit | April 2, 2009 1:08 PM
-----------------
Robert F. Kennedy

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I know it's early, but...

Post of the Day!

-----

Ozzie Smith would never roll over in his grave. He'd cartwheel.

Posted by: JohninMpls | April 2, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Robert F. Kennedy

Posted by: OldDude | April 2, 2009 1:14 PM

------------------------------------------

I was going to say Martin Luther King, but I guess that was a couple months earlier. Talk about your tough springs...

Posted by: nunof1 | April 2, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

It was a friend's birthday party. his Dad took us all to Fenway. We had bleacher seats. cost about $2 then, maybe a $1.50, and the dogs were $1. Only 16,000 there according to the box score. I remembered it was a loss, but the box score I looked up reminded me it was the Tigers. Lee "Stinger" Stange pitched. Swing man / 5th starter (spot starter back then).

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | April 2, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Talk about your tough springs...
---------------