Who Throws Out The First Pitch?

Obama? Obama? Still no official word. One player told me today that he was stuck behind a barricade of presidential-looking vehicles en route to the ballpark -- but who knows, DC does have its share of dark-colored SUVs. When I saw team president Stan Kasten a few minutes ago, I asked him Who's throwing out the first pitch?

"I know," Kasten said. "I'm told I cannot tell."

By Chico Harlan  |  April 13, 2009; 1:02 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Opening Day Lineups
Next: Dunn on The Bog

Comments

this is ridiculous. how are we supposed to know how early we have to leave work, if they can't confirm for us that the Prez is throwing?

Posted by: DCguy7 | April 13, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

JD @ JDLand.com said that Obama is supposed to be at the nearby DOT building at around the same time.

Posted by: VelocityAtrocity | April 13, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I will be leaving as early as humanly possible. And I'm just going to swill beer in a house 450 hundred miles north of DC.

Posted by: soundbloke | April 13, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

On the very, very, very slight chance that Obama makes a surprise appearance. I think that the surprise would mean no metal detectors and no huge lines.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 13, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

At this point, I don't care who throws out the first pitch.

Posted by: Brian_ | April 13, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I thought Stan invited the Philly-Fanatic to throw out the first pitch.

Posted by: mastroj | April 13, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm more concerned with keeping my fingers crossed that today a Nats pitcher throws the LAST pitch.

Posted by: CharlieF | April 13, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Failing that, a walk-off would work.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 13, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Any update on who is throwing out the first pitch?

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | April 13, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse