Lineups From Citizens Bank

Not a typo. Austin Kearns gets the start in center tonight. I'll elaborate on the team's thinking in my next post, which I'll dish out asap. (Reader's Digest version: Kearns has played CF before, though not recently. The Nats' offense has been struggling, and they'd rather have AK's bat in the lineup than Willie Harris's. Especially because lefty Cole Hamels is pitching tonight.)

Washington

Ibanez - 7
Werth - 9
Feliz - 5
Ruiz - 2
Hamels - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  May 30, 2009; 5:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thomas Boswell's Impressions of Strasburg
Next: More On Kearns, And A Random Henry Mateo Reference

Comments

With that lineup... My bet is 3 errors tonight.

Posted by: SaveOurTeam | May 30, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

I guess Manny goes with Kearns in CF due to a Lefty starting.....

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | May 30, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I like how when we call somebody up we always seem to start them right away. I don't know why, but I like it. Even when relievers have long flights to make it midgame we give them an inning

Posted by: nattaboy | May 30, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

So the Phillies are going to hit into an outfield of Willigham/Kearns/Dunn? Dear God Martis had better have his best stuff tonight!

Posted by: soundbloke | May 30, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

SoT, the outfielders have to get to the ball in order to be charged with an error. My bet is zero errors and three balls that should be caught but aren't.

Posted by: joebleux | May 30, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

And so outfield roulette continues. We can look forward to another night of exciting baseball as the Beast of East takes on the nasty nats from CBP. Lets hope we can put up as much fight as we did last night! Now that would be an exciting brand of baseball that would test the heart muscle again. The thought of hanging with the champs on consecutive nights sends tingles all up and down my spine. GO GETEM Nats...lets make those phillies think they're playing a real major league team tonight. ROCK ON NATS

Posted by: cokedispatch | May 30, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Look at it this way, either Guzamn is in the lineup batting leadoff every game, or else he ain't your leadoff hitter. You don't see Brian Roberts not starting a game or 2 to get his swing back or some other BS like that. Said it before Guzman does not fit into this team long-term. Start shopping him. This lineup is really weak, particualrly with RISP.

Posted by: bendersx6 | May 30, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Felipe Lopez batting against the bravos with 2 on and 2 out in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth. Count is 1-2...

Posted by: nattaboy | May 30, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

joebluex, I'm giving the outfield 1 error ... the other two go to gonzalez...

Posted by: SaveOurTeam | May 30, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse