Lineups From Nats Park

I'll add Pittsburgh's once we have it. Take note, Austin Kearns is starting for the first time since Friday, when he was hit by a pitch on the hand. And Justin Maxwell, recalled from Class AAA Syracuse after last night's game, gets the start in center.

Washington

Guzman - 6
Johnson - 3
Zimmerman - 5
Dunn - 7
Kearns - 9
Belliard - 4
Maxwell - 8
Nieves - 2
Lannan - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  May 20, 2009; 4:25 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boswell: With 'Average' Pitching, Nats Would Be 24-15
Next: Cabrera To 'Pen; Stammen To Start Tomorrow

Comments

Oh nice. Kearns. That's nice.

Posted by: RickFelt | May 20, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Ugh. Kearns then Belliard? Looks like JMax won't have too many chances to knock in any runs tonight.

Posted by: erocks33 | May 20, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Chico - anything on Stammen? Cabrera to the pen? Who is off the 25 man? Mock?

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | May 20, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Kearns OBP - .364. League average OBP for a right fielder - .342. Last I checked, that means he's getting on base at a better than average clip.

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | May 20, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Man that was pretty money how Angelo Pappas figured out that the ex-presidents were surfers because they found sex wax at the crime scene and one of them who mooned a security camera had a tan line. Who here thinks that Bodhi survived that wave during the 100 year storm?

Posted by: trezmartin | May 20, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

When does Flores come off the DL?

Posted by: Juan-John | May 20, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

>>Daniel Cabrera $2.6 million

I'm still blown away by this. The absolute worst player on the worst team in baseball with zero wins, who may not even be on the team in a couple weeks he is so bad is earning more than just about everyone who is in the stands or is watching at home.
Daniel Cabrera 2.6 million dollars????

Posted by: dovelevine | May 20, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Hey, PTBNjca, where do you go to find batting by position? I'm guessing somewhere on fangraphs ... (it's a high-probability bet).

Posted by: Scooter_ | May 20, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I believe Flores comes off the DL 5/25.

Posted by: slewis1 | May 20, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

My only wish would be to allow DCab one more start vs the O's this weekend. For all the pain it would cause my eyes, at least we could tune into the Baltimore broadcast and listen to them blast off on how terrible he was, is, and will ever be.

Posted by: dclifer97 | May 20, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Here's some good attendance news: Whatever the final number for tonight's game is, at least it'll be larger than DC United's U.S. Open Cup game against New York... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | May 20, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dclifer97 | May 20, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

---------------------------------------------
Er, yeah. That sounds like a blast. Good times, good times.

Posted by: soundbloke | May 20, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

At my present salary, it would take me about 35 years to earn what Cabrera will make this year.

I am out of shape, 55 years old. I could probably throw more strikes than he.

Posted by: shepdave2003 | May 20, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Apparently Cabrera is officially the answer to the bullpen not being able to throw strikes. And people wonder why they're not winning games.

Posted by: nervousnatsfan | May 20, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Color me suprised that Dunn is in the lineup tonight - Maholm OWNS him (25AB, .120 BAvg, 0RBI). Of course, Willingham's even worse (14AB, .071BAvg, 0RBI).

Posted by: BinM | May 20, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

...aaaaaand new post up...

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 20, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

>Color me suprised that Dunn is in the lineup tonight - Maholm OWNS him (25AB, .120 BAvg, 0RBI). Of course, Willingham's even worse (14AB, .071BAvg, 0RBI)

Eventually Maholm will own everybody.

Posted by: Brue | May 20, 2009 8:02 PM | Report abuse