The Lineups -- If Applicable

At this point, it looks improbable that this afternoon's game (scheduled for 1:35 p.m.) begins on time. Right now, we've gotten no word about either a delay or a cancellation, but a tarp is on the field at Nats Park. The NatCast can tell you more about the weather forecast. Down in the clubhouse, players are in full Sunday morning mode -- playing cards, lounging around, watching TV, eating breakfast. If we play today, here are the lineups.

St. Louis

Kearns - 9
Willingham - 7
Flores - 2
Hernandez - 4
Lannan - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  May 3, 2009; 11:43 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shairon Martis: Pitching Nonpareil
Next: Nats Sign Reliever MacDougal

Comments

Hey, LaRussa, are you sure Pujols doesn't need another day off? Please?

Posted by: Offense-offensive | May 3, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Dukes in CF, batting 2nd, Willingham in - If they get this game in, JayBeee will be estatic.

Posted by: BinM | May 3, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Interesting lineup from LaRussa - Thurston @2B, Barden @3B, Ankiel batting second, and of course the pitcher batting 8th.

Posted by: BinM | May 3, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I really like this lineup. More speed at the top, more depth 1-9. It should be interesting to see how it works out..

Posted by: liiiljimmy | May 3, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Another typical "look-at-me,I-am-a-genius" lineup from LaRussa. Batting the pitcher eighth is really revolutionary, Tony. And the last time you won a World Series this was when again? C'mon, Nats, get this game in and beat this genius!

Posted by: jdschulz50 | May 3, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

And Dunn at 1st - eek.

Posted by: PattyinSJ | May 3, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Okay, you gotta be kidding me. I just noticed that the Nats still have Lastings Millage pictured with their "Vote Nationals" for the All Star Game promotion.

Ummm... hello?

Posted by: twinbrook | May 3, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see Nick Johnson is getting a day off. He needs it.

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | May 3, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

For those that weren't at the Dream Foundation Gala---one of the infamous Natinals jerseys was auctioned off last night. It was Adam Dunn's and it went for the final hammer price of $8,500.

I guess the rumor of "they" were sent back to Majestic didn't include the Dunn.

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | May 3, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

A photo I took of Adam Dunn holding up the jersey. Sorry the picture SUCKS! I am sure with all the photographers that were there that a better pic will surface!

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | May 3, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jdschulz50 | May 3, 2009 12:12 PM
____________________________________________________________

Uh, the Cards won the WS in 2006. LaRussa may have a huge ego but, he is a proven Manager with a WS title in each league.

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Section505203 | May 3, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I have tix for today's game waiting for me at will call - what is the deal if it's rained out? Do I still need to go to will call today to get my tix and then the raincheck?

Posted by: estuartj | May 3, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

New post...

Posted by: wigi | May 3, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

whats the deal with the game. Honestly. why are they trying to play this game. and if they do, are they planning on telling us when they might get it in. It seems like they think no one cares. Maybe I shouldn't.

Posted by: vo_37 | May 3, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Dibble was funny last night referring to the second baseman as Thurston Howell III.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | May 3, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse