Lineups (Or At Least Half Of Them)

Will post the Mets when I get them.

Washington

Guzman -- 6
Johnson -- 3
Zimmerman -- 5
Dunn -- 7
Dukes -- 9
Harris -- 8
Hernandez -- 4
Nieves -- 2
Lannan -- 1

By Chico Harlan  |  June 6, 2009; 3:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Some Numbers, Some Reading
Next: Hanrahan Loses Closer's Role

Comments

New posted... From the last thread:

Potpourri:

About [RF]: One thing that qualifies RF over all of the others for this particular duty is that Robert Fick wasn't just salty, he was quirky, twisted salty. He was that way because he was that way. I really like Villone, and his fire... and he's definitely a personality... but [RV] will always be "what replaced [RF]". I say, stick with our roots... and the occasional explanation (like today) is good for the soul. Reminds me of happier, losing times.

RE MLB.TV: I live in Alaska, and I've had the package since 2005. I use it all the time, and find the quality to be VERY good... but it is quirky, and the NextDef product does not work well. It requires a pretty good chunk of bandwidth, and a reasonably new computer with decent graphics and memory. Anything that degrades performance has a big impact on the quality of the stream... and over time, the size and resource demand of the product has increased, while my hardware has not... so I now take to shutting all other applications down to make it work... but that said, the quality is still very usable most of the time. I watch almost every game... But for people in the DC area, you will be blacked out of Nats games...

Next Saturday's game in St. Pete: What are the Rays thinking, starting that game during the blackout period? In case you missed it, the Rays have chosen a start time on Saturday (6:08 PM) that prevents the first hour of the game from being televised because it is in the national television blackout window for Fox. [RF].

Posted by: wigi | June 6, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Manny is so predictable...
-------------------
got newposted

FWIW, Lannan is 1-0 at Nationals Park in 2009, with a 2.25ERA. Maine has a 6-2 career record against the Nationals (4.04ERA), but has never pitched in Nationals Park. Additionally, right-handers have hit Maine better than left-handers this year. Hmmmm...

Might be the perfect time to get weird with the lineup - Start Willingham / Dukes / Kearns in the OF, NJohnson / Belliard / Gonzalez / RZimmerman in the IF, and Nieves behind the plate.
Proposed lineup
1) Kearns - RF
2) Johnson - 1B
3) Dukes - CF
4) RZimmerman - 3B
5) Willingham - LF
6) Belliard - 2B
7) Nieves - C
8) Gonzalez - SS
9) Lannan - P

What is there to lose?

Posted by: BinM | June 6, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

"Proposed lineup
1) Kearns - RF"

You gotta be kidding. Playing Kearns at all is the definition of futility. Sticking him in a spot that would maximize his ABs is the definition of asinine.

Posted by: nunof1 | June 6, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Chico - Anything official on Hanrahan being removed from the closer's role?

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | June 6, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

@nunof: I said it was time to get weird, and I meant it - batting Kearns in the leadoff spot is about as upside-down crazy as I could get (outside of the pitcher at leadoff).

Think of it this way - all the pressure is off; all he has to do is get on base (and he's better than Guzman at doing that). I'm just trying to think "outside the box".

Otherwise, flip him & Gonzalez in my proposed lineup (1-8), and you'd have a "standard" lineup.

Posted by: BinM | June 6, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Noise-canceling headphones? check. Flea repellent? check. Flares? check. Hooked On Phonics educational CDs? check. OK, I'm ready for the Mets fans tonight!

Posted by: msolem | June 6, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

BTW, Manny might have well have mailed in tonight's lineup.
---------------------
Washington
Guzman -- 6 (0-11 vs. Maine)
Johnson -- 3 (2-14 vs. Maine)
Zimmerman -- 5 (5-30 vs. Maine)
Dunn -- 7 (1-6 vs. Maine)
Dukes -- 9 (1-6 vs. Maine)
Harris -- 8 (1-5 vs. Maine)
Hernandez -- 4 (1-5 vs. Maine)
Nieves -- 2 (2-6 vs. Maine)
Lannan -- 1 (n/a)

Posted by: BinM | June 6, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

That's funny, msolem. Also, new post up.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 6, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse