Tonight's Lineups

More to come soon...

Note the interesting lineup. Manny Acta says having Dukes at No. 4 is just a one-game experiment, a way to keep the two lefties (Dunn and Johnson) farther apart in the lineup. Dunn will be back at No. 4 tomorrow.

Washington

Posada - 2
Matsui - DH
Swisher - 9
Cabrera - 8
(P: Sabathia)

By Chico Harlan  |  June 16, 2009; 6:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From Yankee Stadium
Next: More About (And From) Manny Acta

Comments

Definitely different.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 16, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

so we'll get to see the dunnkey flail away both at the plate and in the field tonight? thanx, axta.

Posted by: surly_w | June 16, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Dunn won't get any decent pitches to hit tonight with Kearns behind him. With Martis pitching, we should use the DH position to bat for Kearns instead.

Posted by: BGinVA | June 16, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

It seems if Manny is going down, he'll do it his way.

Posted by: leetee1955 | June 16, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

you KNOW things are bleak in natstown when you HAVE to hit austin powerless sixth because willingham's on bereavement leave.

Posted by: surly_w | June 16, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

After Zimm, I think our best chance for a hitter down in the lineup is ... Martis.
AK sixth! This is the only major league team that can say that. Sadly.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | June 16, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

For anyone who caught Nats Xtra - sad end with the news from Johnny Holiday about his grandson having a brain tumor. I might be due for a buzz cut tomorrow night at the fundraiser at the Kentlands barber shop.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 16, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

>Dunn won't get any decent pitches to hit tonight with Kearns behind him.

That's the height of stoopidity right there. Every night it's a new treat from Manny.

Posted by: Brue | June 16, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Kev29: Thanks for posting that info. I may be there tomorrow night as well. Here's an article from dcrtv.com from last week:

Johnny Holliday To Get "Buzzed" - 6/14 - Johnny Holliday's 10-year-old grandson, Jack, has been diagnosed with a malignant tumor on his pituitary gland. It can not be removed by surgery, and he must undergo chemo and radiation. On Wednesday, 6/17, the local sports media veteran is sponsoring a "buzz-a-thon" at the Kentlands Barber shop in Gaithersburg, beginning at 7:15 pm. $15 bucks for a buzz cut with all proceeds going to the brain cancer center at Children's Hospital, where Jack is undergoing treatment. "I'm getting my buzz cut sometime this week, due to my pre game show on MASN Wednesday night, I can not make it to the shop that night," Holliday tells DCRTV.....

Posted by: BGinVA | June 16, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I look terrible buzzed, but I would contribute $15 to this ... and I think my girlfriend would contribute $15 just to make sure I don't get a buzz cut.

Is there, by any chance, a link with more information? Possibly a way to donate online/paypal?

Speaking of buzzed, did you see tonight's lineup? Puff puff pass, Manny.

Posted by: ihatewalks | June 16, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Not good when Dukes is batting 4th. Nothing good can come of this.

Posted by: JT2009 | June 16, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

new post

Posted by: BGinVA | June 16, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the posting, Kev. I was about to ask Chico to post the details in case anybody might want to get a buzz cut for the cause. Wonder whether there might also be a place to send contributions as well?

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 16, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to BG as well. I'd not read through the thread until now but I see that IHW asked about contributions already.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 16, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse