Tonight's Lineups

Scott - DH
Mora - 5
Zaun - 2
Andino - 6
(Guthrie - 1)

By Chico Harlan  |  June 27, 2009; 6:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Few Small Notes From Camden
Next: Bard Emerging As Nats' Regular Catcher

Comments

That Nats lineup is UG-LEE.

Posted by: leetee1955 | June 27, 2009 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Uh-oh. See, I knew that contusion was going to spell trouble for Nick.

I wonder whether the rest of the Nat's management is as enamored of Dukes as Jimbo was. He seems to be getting an awful lot of days off. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nats let him go this off season.

Posted by: joebleux | June 27, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Hernandez is out because he could be sent to Pit for Nyjer Morgan, along with Lasting Milledge. I am fine if that ends up being the trade. But two AAAA players for one player major league player. Not sure who would be getting the better value.

Posted by: wrw0601 | June 27, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm hoping two years from now we'll look at this lineup and laugh about how sh*tty it used to be

Posted by: theredskin | June 27, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

That or cry how good these days were and we didn't realize it... Let's face it there's not a lot of help coming from AAA and it is unlikely that the Lerners spend any money on impact Free Agents... and with drafts on the cheap like Storen and Holder and no international signings, what makes us think the future will make this lineup look bad?

Posted by: PNatsFan | June 27, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

"SATURDAY, 3:51pm: MLB.com's Bill Ladson has confirmed through a source that the Nationals are in hot pursuit of Morgan. Milledge was offered, but the Pirates are seeking a starting pitcher or middle infielder.

This is a trade showcase lineup...

Posted by: PNatsFan | June 27, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Oh, my. Belliard and Kearns in the same lineup. What do we have to do to get those two jokers fired?

And I share folks concerns about Nick being out of the lineup. Any info from Manny on why he's being held out? He did get plunked on his pinky toe last night.

Posted by: souldrummer | June 27, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Is Bard now the go to starter at catcher? I know he's been on fire offensively, but is he good for the young pitchers?

Posted by: nervousnatsfan | June 27, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

attention baseball shoppers...we call your attention to the severely marked-down items batting seventh and eighth tonight for washington. make us an offer. mid-level prospect...low=level prospect...organization guy...roster-filler. we'll even help you carry them home.

Posted by: surly_w | June 27, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse