The Rise Of Derek Norris

Today I had the chance to chat with Nats' catching prospect Derek Norris. We spoke by phone just a few hours before his team's Class A game in Greensboro, N.C. I'll try to do a few more of these sorta interviews intermittently as the year moves along. Anyway, here's what I put together -- just a little featurette.

---

Almost everything about Derek Norris's upbringing geared the catcher to crush baseballs. A shed on his parents' property in Goddard, Kan., was fashioned into a batting cage with two pitchers' mounds. Norris always played with kids two years older than him, just to keep pace with his brother. Norris loved catching, but once he got to high school, his team happened to have two future Division I-A catchers. So Norris played third, and just kept hitting.

"Everything was about hitting," Norris recalled.

When the Washington Nationals drafted Norris straight out of high school in the fourth round of the 2007 draft, they considered him an unvarnished prospect. "He wasn't a high-profile kid," current acting general manager Mike Rizzo said. "He'd just started catching that summer."

But ever since -- especially with a stunning stretch of production this month -- Norris has developed into Washington's top minor league prospect, in large part because he's hitting better than ever and hustling to catch up on his defense. Now a 20-year-old with Class A Hagerstown, Norris, through 81 games, has a .317 average (287 at bats), 20 home runs, 64 RBI and a 1.013 OPS. Almost every one of his offensive statistics leads the South Atlantic League. During a four-game stretch this week (July 4-7), he hit six homers and knocked in 11 runs.

For the moment, though, Norris is far more concerned about his defense than his bat -- and he's convinced that improving his catching will key his rise through the system. After the 2007 draft, Norris picked pro ball over a scholarship to Wichita State only when he learned the Shockers didn't do much one-on-one instruction with their catchers. This offseason, he hired a personal strength coach to work on his lower body strength, all to endure the grind of catching a full season. Norris now keeps a mental checklist of catching to-dos: Keep the chest square; don't fall forward when blocking balls. Asked about his goals for the rest of the season, Norris said this: He wants to see an improvement in the Hagerstown staff ERA.

"I know I can hit, but I want to play defense," said Norris, the only Nationals' minor leaguer listed among Baseball America's latest ranking of the top 50 prospects. "That's really my key goal. That's really is what is gonna move you up. Every team needs a good catcher, and if you don't have a good catcher your team your team is screwed. You'll save more runs behind the plate than you'll ever drive in."

By Chico Harlan  |  July 10, 2009; 7:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Zimmerman On Leave For Grandmother's Funeral
Next: Beimel: "It's Beyond Embarrassing."

Comments

What a great description of a hitter on a hot streak: ""It was really something different," Norris said of that zone. "It wasn't really so much that the pitches looked like beach balls or anything. It was just everything throughout my body just felt smooth. When I stepped into the box, my hands, everything felt in sequence."

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

I like his attitude. Good luck Derek

Posted by: gengreen17 | July 10, 2009 7:25 PM | Report abuse

If he really means what he says, then good for the Nationals. Even though he's raking the ball offensively at the lo-A level, he's horrid defensively (12 errors / 14 PB in 60 games caught). He still has a lot to learn defensively as a catcher; hopefully he'll either pick it up or he will eventually move to a corner OF slot (he's shown a very-good arm behind the plate).

Posted by: BinM | July 10, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Did the MASN guys get a talking to? Ray Knight is basically apologizing for harshing on the Nats last night.

Posted by: Section220 | July 10, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Flynnie, I loved that description too.

Also like the kid's approach to the game -- or at least his willingness to say the right things about said approach.

Posted by: Scooter_ | July 10, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Or it might just be self-preservation on Knight's part. He might hope for an interview for a MGR's slot at some point, and blasting players on-the-air doesn't earn you friends in the clubhouse.

Posted by: BinM | July 10, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

220, please please tell me that Ray Knight actually used the word "harshing."

Or really, any participle or conjugation of the verb "to harsh."

Posted by: Scooter_ | July 10, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Do we tune in to hear Ray and Dibble rant about how bad the team is? We know that. Every time they win, I look for a star shining in the east. Last year during one error-filled inning, Charlie said to Dave, in his "It's strawberry time at IHOP!" voice, "This is the worst we've seen all year, Dave." I don't hear Vin Scully rant, and he's been around a while. This is supposed to be an escape from the angry world, not a dunking in killer bees.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Flynnie2, We're not asking for a dunking in killer bees. Just a splash of reality now and then. Obviously, Knight got a talking-to after last night's rant. I'm surprised in capitulated. I'm sure StanK, the Lerners et al had their blackberries buzzing.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 8:01 PM | Report abuse

@Scooter - it's true. He admitted that he had been "harshing on the Nats mellow."

Posted by: Section220 | July 10, 2009 8:04 PM | Report abuse

He added, "dude, these brownies are AWESOME."

Posted by: Section220 | July 10, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

on the francoeur/church trade. haven't talked to my braves fan brother yet, but all season he and my dad have been griping about how bad franc. has gotten. he's no longer the golden boy on that team.

I think the Braves fans will feel they got the better end of the deal for sure.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Scooter, I too would love to get a transcript of Ray's atonement. He looked shook up. catcher50, we all want to win, and I don't mind the splash of reality, but I turned on Charlie and Dave when it got too realistic, and I'm letting them call the game tonight - such a pleasure!

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

WILLIE!!!!!! Maybe third base is his best position. On second thought...

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

anyone else see that the Mets traded Ryan Church to the Braves for Jeff Francouer? Interesting.

Posted by: cdstej | July 10, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Sweet glovework from both AGonz & Harris in the 1st; Keep it up, gents.

Posted by: BinM | July 10, 2009 8:17 PM | Report abuse

AND NICK! Caro to Sacramento!

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

what do you think carlos lee and the ump were asking Olsen right before he jacked that ball out?

Posted by: cdstej | July 10, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Gentleman: Check out my post(Zimm day off) on the trade,living here in Atlanta it was just a matter of time.

Posted by: dargregmag | July 10, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Church sounds kinda John Rocker-glad to be outta New York:Church was stunned by the deal.
¶ "Shocker. Came out of nowhere," he said outside the Mets clubhouse. "The good thing is I get to play these guys next week."
¶ New York opens the second half at Turner Field on July 16. Church immediately sent Chipper Jones a text message.
¶ "They're going to have to change up a lot of signs. I know everything," Church said. "I'll definitely fill them in."

That's our boy. Making friends and influencing people.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, Big Puma!

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cdstej | July 10, 2009 8:28 PM
*********************************

They were complaining that the resin bag was on the field.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Nick Johnson is such a great 1st baseman.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Another great play by our Willie.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Another great play by our Willie!

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

They're still running the Elijah Dukes takes a game winning walk! ad on the radio. Elijah is finally enjoying himself this year, at last getting to play on a winning club in Syracuse. Oswalts no hitter just got Nyjer'd.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Guz, you are breakin' my heart.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

I hope Guzzie has the correct postage on as he mails it in one more night.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

But I sure do love the Cap'n.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Who is that fellow behind the plate with the physique of a slight infielder and the face of Pudge Rodriguez? Yess, Nick! On the board! Nice try, Nick! Might as well challenge 'em - a welcome gamble from our 3rd base coach. He wouldn't have scored, anyway.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

And to think I would have said that Guzman turned out to be the ONE good thing Bowden did and now?

Posted by: CBinDC | July 10, 2009 9:10 PM | Report abuse

See. We don't always have to wait until the 6th inning.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 9:10 PM | Report abuse

A crappy team really puts the manager on the spot. It's easy to manage when your starter is lights out for 7 and then tires. But what about when your youngster starts imploding in the 4th? I do not envy Manny.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, well, Willie, it was bound to happen. At least you didn't give away the game like Miggy did yesterday.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Carp-to-English translation:

When Sunshine Bobby sez the game is close to being "broken open early," the game is already broken open.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

G'night, Gracie.

Posted by: BinM | July 10, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Conference at the mound with Bard, and then Olsen picks off Bourne at 2d! Nice! Lets shellack Oswalt and erase the 4-1 lead.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 9:19 PM | Report abuse

About time THEY make a mistake. Ok, guys, it's only 3 runs, we can do this.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Flynnie...your optimism is contagious!! We got this!!! HOOOOOOOO-AHHH!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Sunshine Bobby ...I like that.....It's better than "Just a bit outside" Bob....that is such a mouthful

Posted by: CBinDC | July 10, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

I tend to agree NatsNut, although with the qualification that Braves fans who are baseball fans will feel good about the deal. The Chophouse and cellphone gang may be upset though - and, when I lived there, the latter far outwieghed the former.

I'm perplexed by the deal. I'm not surprised that the Braves dealt Francouer, and I guess I'm not surprised that the Mets dealt Church . . . but to swap them? I guess the Mets might see more upside in Francouer, he'll probably give them more power, but I have my doubts about how well he'll hold up in the Big City.

What does Church give the Braves that they did not have in Francouer? Another LH bat?

_____________________________
I think the Braves fans will feel they got the better end of the deal for sure.

Posted by: NatsNut |

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 9:31 PM | Report abuse

What's the acronymn to descrbe cute-but-dumb Taylor again? And for Theoharis?

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 9:31 PM | Report abuse

That was a NICE inning.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

there we go...nice rip Josh..

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Well lets see VI is Stan Kasten

Posted by: CBinDC | July 10, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

You know - while there is much to wail and gnash our teeth about - we have one of the best radio teams in baseball in Charlie and Dave.

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

C'mon Willie!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

We got something going here...could it be...it is, it is!!! A RALLY!!!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

WILLIE !!!!!

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:03 PM | Report abuse

WILLIE !!!!!

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Belliard... ugh... just an awful AB.

Posted by: RicketyCricket | July 10, 2009 10:03 PM | Report abuse

you're so cute with your hope.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse

I could not agree with you more ....they more then anybody is why this team is at least entertaining ......how you like that the best part of the Nationals is Charlie and Dave.

Posted by: lowcountry

Posted by: CBinDC | July 10, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse

How can a batter who is batting 175 come up at the most crucial point of the game ? Only in Natstown

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:05 PM | Report abuse

O ye of little faith.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 10:05 PM | Report abuse

WOOOHOOOO!...Mail that in JDSchulz!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:05 PM | Report abuse

GUZE!

Posted by: RicketyCricket | July 10, 2009 10:06 PM | Report abuse

WELL WELL ......a lead ...how about dat!

Posted by: CBinDC | July 10, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Gozzie, I apologize! All is forgiven. Ladies and gents, the bourbon and Maalox are on me tonight! Drink heavily, all!

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lowcountry

You speak for all of us here, LC

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

okay bullpen, lets hold a lead

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

okay bullpen, lets hold a lead

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:09 PM

++++++++++

repeat: you're all so cute with your hope.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 10:11 PM | Report abuse

of course, lets give them as big a cushion as possible. Come Nick.

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

We are condemned to hope. Otherwise we could just go and leave all this and go on about our lives. (And I notice that you are here with us, NN)
________________________________
repeat: you're all so cute with your hope.

Posted by: NatsNut |

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone want a squirt of lime to go with their bourbon and 'lox?

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 10:23 PM | Report abuse

I do...

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

And I notice that you are here with us, NN
________________________________
repeat: you're all so cute with your hope.

Posted by: NatsNut |

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 10:22 PM
________________________________

he he. got me. i was trying to be all cynical and you called me out. =)

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, jd. Don't mind if I do - I'm nursing some Woodford here.

NN - you can fool some of the people . . .

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

...(gulp)...

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:40 PM | Report abuse

ugghhh. misplayed foul ball will haunt

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 10:42 PM | Report abuse

"ugghhh. misplayed foul ball will haunt'

...EVERY-DANG-TIME...

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Way to go, Joe! C'mon. Super Willie leads off the ninth!

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Where's that bourbon? Actually, just hand me the Maalox.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Way to get things going Willie...

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Small ball...love it!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

gotta slide there, Willie...dang.

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 10:53 PM | Report abuse

C'mon, Joe.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 10:57 PM | Report abuse

What is Manny doing? Does he get a bonus for every inning he plays Kearns? He's over-managing again.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Why is Austin Kearns coming into the game ? this has the feeling of another "i can't believe" Nats loss

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

This better work.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

While they're at it ... bring up Norris too.

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

I would have replaced Guzman, placing Kearns in either left or right, Harris back to third and Gonzalez to short.

Posted by: Tom261 | July 10, 2009 11:05 PM | Report abuse

They are going to lose .. same script, same Acta time, same Acta channel.

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:07 PM | Report abuse

egads...pass the bourbon...

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

WP here come the errors ... finding a way to lose the Acta way.

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

bases loaded, the closer in ... a wild pitch, a walk. Explain to me how this is better than Hanrahan Mike Rizzo (Phil)?

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:10 PM | Report abuse

balls...G'night all.

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | July 10, 2009 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Turn out the lights the party's over ... hopefully for Acta, Rizzo, Kasten, Tavarez, Beimel, and Villone.

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:11 PM | Report abuse

As expected. The Nats just have that talent where they will find a way to lose.

Posted by: CountDemoney | July 10, 2009 11:12 PM | Report abuse

25-and-60. Careful driving home. There's an AA meeting somewhere at 7 a.m.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Please make it STOP!

Posted by: TippyCanoe | July 10, 2009 11:14 PM | Report abuse

G'night, people. Maybe the Mariners will win.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | July 10, 2009 11:14 PM | Report abuse

I can take this, I can take this, I can . . .

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 11:15 PM | Report abuse

what do we have to loss by completely redesigning the bullpen. can not be any worse. bring up some from Syracuse. Make some trades. Release some people.

Posted by: JT2009 | July 10, 2009 11:15 PM | Report abuse

Gr. huck fope.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 11:16 PM | Report abuse

Kiss my entire arse....

One fargin dropped pop fly opens a can of whoop a&& and the next thing you know... yet again these idiots snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

FIRE MANNY ACTA NOW !!!

These clowns are more than halfway through the season and play like they don't give a crap one way or the other...

Posted by: randy_boyd | July 10, 2009 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Acta's Theme:
(Used to be the lead in song for Washington Senators Baseball Telecasts.)

Waiting for the break of day.
Searching for something to say.
Flashing lights against the sky.
Sitting cross legged watching our heroes
25 or 6 and zeroooooo...

Staring blindly in to space
Getting up to splash my face.
Wanting just to stay awake.
Wondering how much more I can take.
Should I try some more Bourbon?
25 or 6 to zeeeeerooooooo!

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:19 PM | Report abuse

They (Nats) as a team need to go into the locker room and just wreak havoc for one night. They need to have the Lerners spend several thousand dollars in repairs. No slumped shoulders or bowed heads, just mayhem. They need to commit to one another that this is the line in the sand. No more. Thats eneough. Kick the coaches out of the room and just tear it up like no tomorrow exists. Perhaps for some, no tomorrow does exist.

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 10, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

I'm afraid that if we took on the locker room we might lose . . .
___________________________

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 10, 2009 11:22 PM |

Posted by: lowcountry | July 10, 2009 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have the stats for the number of games the bullpen has lost?

Posted by: Tom8 | July 10, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

No matter Low....just helter skelter everything in there. Just do it.

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 10, 2009 11:37 PM | Report abuse

What a ballgame! Does Morgan throw Tejada out on that steal of 2d in the bottom of the 9th where Willie's throw was off-line to short? Does Willie score if he slides? Didn't Willie's error in the 4th cost a run? Did . . . gulp . . .Willie cost us this game? Bright spot -
Bergmann. Whodathought he had that stuff? Who'dathought we'd be second guessing Mannie for taking out Bergmann?

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have the stats for the number of games the bullpen has lost?

Posted by: Tom8 | July 10, 2009 11:36 PM

+++++++++++

all of them?

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 11:39 PM | Report abuse

I think the number of blown saves is now 20. TWENTY....omg....TWENTY

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 10, 2009 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Manny just said everything is "fine." Earth to Manny: You're 25-and-60.
That is far-from-freakin' fine.

Posted by: jdschulz50 | July 10, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we have it wrong. Send every young guy with an option to Syracuse so that they can win the pennant and be Baseball American's best minor league club. Send all the tired retreads, the half-baked, the worthless to the parent club in DC:

Definitely the Rizzo and Bowden Stan Plan.

Posted by: periculum | July 10, 2009 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Trevor Hoffman just blew his second out of 20 saves. He saved 18. Nats could've signed him for $5 million.

***************

I think the number of blown saves is now 20. TWENTY....omg....TWENTY

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 10, 2009 11:39 PM

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Gr. huck fope.

Posted by: NatsNut | July 10, 2009 11:16 PM |

*************************************
Good one NatsNut.

I went to high school with a gal whose Dad was a con-man. She would visit him in jail after school. She asked him how he could do what he did. He said that he gave his victims hope - months of hope - before he cleaned them out.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Alright. I just trashed my home office. I feel a lot better.

Posted by: lowcountry | July 11, 2009 12:00 AM | Report abuse

25-60 You have to suck on it and like it in sections now.

Posted by: Brue | July 11, 2009 12:00 AM | Report abuse

WHO thinks that Hoffman would have signed with the Nats? He's a closer. He would have signed where he had a chance to close out a lot of games. Not here.

Posted by: fischy | July 11, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

The Braves see a chance to win the NL East this year (they're neck and neck with the Mets) and can't afford to wait on Francie to develop -- they think. It is a foolish move. Manaya managed to get a steal for once.

Posted by: Section506 | July 11, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 11:53 PM
_______________________________________________________________
As Lou Reed would sing:

"And the Kool Aid drinkers sing who says he would have signed here."

The Lerner's are cheap. Period. They are not interested in the standings only the bottom line. Hopefully, the standings effect the bottom line and they pry open the checkbook in the offseason.

Posted by: Section505203 | July 11, 2009 12:14 AM | Report abuse

way to go low....I just turned over the coffee table, what a relief

Posted by: cokedispatch | July 11, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

fischy, 505203 you're right - For a bargain $6 million, Trevor Hoffman's 18 saves are only two off the NL lead. He signed with the Brewers.

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 11, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Also, a note to the left wingers at the Wa Po:

The fact that you let Al Jazeera advertize on your website is an F'ing disgrace, and a slap in the face to all military personnel that are defending this country. This propoganda machine stops at nothing to make them out to be murderers.

Please rethink that one for the love of pete.

Posted by: Section505203 | July 11, 2009 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 10, 2009 11:39 PM
*****************

Anyone? Anyone? Maybe this is best answered over morning coffee. Also, do Nats win if Bergmann is allowed to finish the game?

Posted by: flynnie2 | July 11, 2009 12:25 AM | Report abuse