Lineups, Brought To You By T. Plush

Nyjer Morgan explains his stage names -- some still works in progress -- for his teammates...

Washington

Morgan - 8 (Tony Plush. The original.)
Guzman - 6 (We're thinking of that one.)
Zimmerman - 5 (Pete Franchise. Comment: We dropped the R. Not Peter.)
Dunn - 3 (Freddie Physical.)
Willingham - 7 (Judge. The Judge. Comment: He drops the gavel, drops the hammer. That's why he's the judge. The verdict is done right there, when he drops the hammer.)
Dukes -- 9 (Still working on that one.)
Bard - 2 (I've got to get him one. I'm thinking. He's hard. He's tough. Just you have to understand personalities. That's how they get the nicknames. I'm trying to piece it out. How about Eddie Rabbit? Eddie Rabbit! We might have to call him Eddie Rabbit.)
Gonzalez - 4 (I don't have one yet. I call him 'Zo. Everyone else calls him Gonzo.)
Balester - 1 (Pitchers, nah. I operate in a different circle.)

Cincinnati

Dickerson - 8
Gonzalez - 6
Votto - 3
Phillips - 4
Nix - 7
Gomes - 9
Rosales - 5
Hanigan - 2
Arroyo - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  August 13, 2009; 5:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nyjer Morgan's Baserunning
Next: Dunn, Back Where His Career Began

Comments

Pete Franchise is definitely an improvement over Peter.

Freddie Physical?

Posted by: Section220 | August 13, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Oh my. that is brilliant. Thanks, TP.

Posted by: twinbrook | August 13, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

What's Belliard's?

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

This team has really been lacking in positive, funny characters. I love this guy! Hope you stick around a while, T. Plush.

Posted by: Baldino | August 13, 2009 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Well Jessica Simpson sure looked plush in purple!

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Nyjer could get picked off four times in a game, get caught stealing two other times, boot three balls in the outfield ... and still be a vast improvement over Lastings Milledge.

Posted by: jdschulz50

On a team that is way way out of contention (except for drafting rights), entertainment value becomes extremely important. Morgan is easily the most entertaining player on the Nats and I wouldn't hold him back from doing any of the things that he does.

Posted by: 1stBaseCoach

***************

There you go. Two great posts about the 2 best reasons I love Nyjer Morgan. This team really needed a playful character.

Posted by: NatsNut | August 13, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

T. Plush deserves Nats MVP for this line:
"Pitchers, nah. I operate in a different circle."

Oh, I hope he steals five bases tonight...

He's the best thing to hit this franchise since Joey "He can suck on it and like it" Eischen!

Posted by: jdschulz50 | August 13, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

I still like this age-worn quote:

"There's only one way to become a hitter. Go up to the plate and get mad. Get mad at yourself and mad at the pitcher."

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

With 2 losses against Atlanta, and somewhat embarrassing "ah there be the good ol' Nats" its time to get mad and take it out on Cincinnati pitching.

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Nah, I don't like Freddie Physical for Dunn. T. Plush needs to keep working on that one.

Hilarious comment about pitchers!

Posted by: misschatter | August 13, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Freddie Physical has to be better than Dunnkey. Or Dunn-key-ote.

Tony Plush beanie toys? Nyjer has a sense of humor, not sure how Dunn would be about such things?

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Fantastic! Thanks, Chico and TP.

So, will Dunn's new at-bat music be "Let's Get Physical"?

And, yes, we needed such a guy, NatsNut, particularly when he can back up the hijinks with good play on the field.

From the prior thread, I said it five times and I still don't get it, sec3. I must be dense.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 13, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

"So, will Dunn's new at-bat music be "Let's Get Physical"?

Like it, like it alot.

Posted by: driley | August 13, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Need to get back on track and sweep em and about Nyjer getting picked off its the first base coach responsibility to make sure the runner doesn't get himself picked off when da bama(JWill) got picked off well, that's when i knew it was Grissom all along he should know better as a good base stealer in his playing days he has to be aware and know the starters best move or at least have a clue so Nyjer and the other Nats don't get picked off.

Posted by: dargregmag | August 13, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

natsfan1a1: think Pok'e'mon names. Japanese Anime' names ...

Pretty "Old School" Japanese Anime' :

Gigantor, Astro Boy, Jimmy Sparks, Tobor the Eight Man ...

Posted by: periculum | August 13, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

where can i buy a T. Plush #1 jersey.

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | August 14, 2009 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Dunn (Big Donkey) and Willingham (Alabama Hamma) have nicknames already.

Pete Franchise? Yes, Zimmerman's been dubbed the face of the franchise, but why Pete?

Zimmerman grew up in Virginia Beach not far from the largest naval base in the world, and he went to UVA. He's been killing the ball all year, so why not call him "The Virginia Destroyer," since a destroyer is a type of warship?

Posted by: ericp331 | August 14, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse