Lineups From Nats Park

Willingham - 7
Dukes - 9
Belliard - 4
Nieves - 2
Lannan - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  August 5, 2009; 5:46 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kearns to DL; Padilla Called Up
Next: Nats Park Fan Tweets: Improved Interface

Comments

Reposted ...

I didn't say he was stinkin up the joint for 26 games, but for a week or 2 before he was sent lower in the order.
What was his average for the 13 games before, I ask again.

Posted by: alm1000 | August 5, 2009 3:51 PM
------------------------------------------------

Sigh. Fine, here are Guzzie's numbers from the previous 13 games BEFORE he was moved down to the #6 slot (although I don't understand why you need the numbers from the previous 13 games as opposed to the previous 26 games that I had given. One would think 26 games is a better indicator as to whether someone was "stinkin up the joint" as opposed to only 13 games.):

Previous 13 games, batting mostly leadoff (4 games at #2):
AB .. R ... H ... 2B ... 3B .. HR .. RBI .. BB .. SO .. AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS
60 ... 5 ... 20 ... 2 .…. 1 .… 0 .…. 3 .… 1 ..… 7 ... .333/.344/.400/.744

Team record in these 13 games: 6-7

Still, not exactly "stinkin up the joint." This just shows me that Guzman is a much better hitter at the top of the lineup (either #1 or #2) than anywhere else.

Posted by: erocks33 | August 5, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chico --

got any negative stuff you can say about the Nats (or any pro-Marlins stuff) to ensure another victory tonight? You're 2-for-2 so far ...

Posted by: erocks33 | August 5, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Meaningless fun:

Padilla's Syracuse 2009 stats projected as a major leaguer - .304/.355/.395.
AB - 318, R - 44, 2B - 18, 3B - 2, HR - 3, RBI - 16.

This courtesy of http://minorleaguesplits.com/mlecalc.html

#4

Posted by: db423 | August 5, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

OTOH, Dibble keeps saying don't throw back-to-back changeups...
*********
Hey Chico --
Posted by: erocks33 | August 5, 2009 5:51 PM

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | August 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

To dearest NatsNut:

"point being i think we can like all three things without necessarily waiting for statistical proof that they're all related."

I won't object to anyone liking all three, I do as well. I object to those, unlike you, take what is even a very weak correlation and trumpet that a vindicating causation has been found. And I am just contrary enough to object to all irrationality posing as rationality.

You can guess how much fun I am at parties.

Posted by: Section506 | August 5, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

FakeChicoHarlan: The Marlins totally own the Nats. They lulled them into complacency by letting them come back last night. Tonight they will drop the hammer on them. Er, they'll lay a bit of stick about on them. Er, can I get back to you on that?

And, 506, are you by any chance wearing a lampshade on your head right now?

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 5, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I guess Zim won't be denied ... although I kind of wish he would ... it hurt when we lost Flores. Losing Zim would be quite a blow.

Posted by: periculum | August 5, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

wooooooooooooo!!!!

Posted by: Nats_Lady | August 5, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Am at the game. Figured out how to post. WHAT A START.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | August 5, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse