Nats Park Fan Tweets: Improved Interface

Nats fans who Twitter (or read Tweets):

Check out our new interface for displaying tweets from home games. As in the past homestand, your tweet will be included if it includes the #natswp hashtag, and we encourage you to use your section number so we can better display it on the page.

I know there are some of you who don't appreciate the Twitter, so I'll get out of the way quickly tonight. Enjoy the game.

By Jon DeNunzio  |  August 5, 2009; 6:34 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lineups From Nats Park
Next: Thumbs and Elbows (but No Knees and Toes)

Comments

"And, 506, are you by any chance wearing a lampshade on your head right now?"

Nah, man, the lampshade is, like totally, wearing ME on ITS behind!!!

Posted by: Section506 | August 5, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Tweet, tweet ... isn't that a Michael Jackson tune?

Posted by: periculum | August 5, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

"It's officially T-Plush TV."

Posted by: Section220 | August 5, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Got it, 506!

Also, I just saw the AXE commercial that people were posting about in prior threads. What the heck is up with that??

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 5, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Curmudgeon department: It's not Twitter we don't appreciate, it's something less definable, something like, "I have something I find interesting (and you might too), but I don't care to help you get it or enjoy it."

In my other complaint, it's to Dave: Dave, buddy, you asked whether last night's game was the best of the season. A majority said no. (Don't trust a journalist with data.)

Where's that rain they were forecasting? I guess the rain cloud is over my head.

Posted by: paulkp | August 5, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

It is awesomely awesome in its awesomeness, is what the heck is up with it. As far as I'm concerned, AXE has the inside track on naming rights for the stadium. AXE Field? Axe Stadium? Axe Park.

Posted by: Section220 | August 5, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Attaboy Zim! Guess the shoulder is feeling okay!

Posted by: Section220 | August 5, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Whoa. Back to back.

Posted by: Section220 | August 5, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

paulkp,
dude. you've been griping the same gripe about twitter instructions since it was introduced. i gave you instructions. i gave you a link after i googled "how to twitter," which, by the way, took about .427 seconds. it's no harder than setting up a new email account or facebook or whatever. figure it out.

Posted by: NatsNut | August 5, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

New post, btw.

Posted by: Section220 | August 5, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Jon,

The new interface is slick, props to the development team. Are there plans to be able to select tweets from a certain game?

Posted by: ihatewalks | August 5, 2009 9:37 PM | Report abuse

ihatewalks:

That's a good idea, one we had not considered. We'll discuss. Thanks for the input!

Jon

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | August 6, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Question about the #natswp Twitter feed. Is it moderated in some way? I sent about a half-dozen tweets last night (as carlosdelvaca), and while they all made it to Twitter itself, only two of them made the Post's site. Not sure if there's a technical problem, or if the others were somehow deemed unworthy.

And not to point out the obvious, but the section-number piece doesn't seem to be working properly. I do like the interface though.

Posted by: CarlosdelVaca | August 6, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Carlos:

There is some basic moderation, but that's it. We had a few problems last night, however, including the section number piece you mention. Our efforts to fix it today have been hampered by the Twitter outage. Should be fixed soon -- will keep you posted.

Thanks -- and sorry about that.

Jon

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | August 6, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, with all the Twitter problems this week I figured that didn't help. None of the tweets I sent from the ballpark Thursday afternoon even made it to Twitter.

Posted by: CarlosdelVaca | August 8, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse