Tonight's Lineups

Willingham - LF
Dukes - RF
Gonzalez - 2B
Nieves - C
Stammen - P

By Alexa Steele  |  August 18, 2009; 4:50 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boswell on Strasburg
Next: The Plan for Strasburg

Comments

What, no Strasburg?!

:-)

Posted by: Kev29 | August 18, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

So when will Strasburg be introduced? Or when will he have his press conference thingy?

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

rachel, they say he's in town tomorrow, presser thursday

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | August 18, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

He'll be looking for a place for next year, maybe. I hear the Eclipse is nice.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | August 18, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Sec3mysofa! Can't wait for that!

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Who's the Stammen guy? Why isn't Strasburg pitching tonight?

Posted by: ajtrue78 | August 18, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

A game! A game!

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 18, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

A game! A game!

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 18, 2009 5:24 PM

Not so fast, John. There are some thunderstorms rumbling through. We'll see about 7:05.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 18, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I guess the kid is too fine to pitch for his new team, eh? Huh. "Wants to play," my [Utley].

(You're right, though; he does need a place to live. Hey, my three-doors-down neighbors are selling ...)

Posted by: Scooter_ | August 18, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

To see Strasburg you will just have to drive to Hagerstown.

Posted by: periculum | August 18, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

[Utley] should be the new [RF], IMO. That is all. Oh, and we have a guest room.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 18, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Strasburg? Who's he? Did we draft him or something?

Posted by: Juan-John | August 18, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I wish they could call him up when the roster expands to 40... (but I think he is already on the 40 man roster but they can send him down to Potomac?) It'd be nice to catch a glimpse of him in September, like maybe an inning or two. But can you imagine Nats park filled with Nats fans when Strasburg makes his first start? Everyone will be watching and talking about it. Man, I am so excited, I wish it was tonight.

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, I'd love to have SS pitch a couple games in Woodbridge. I'd brave rush hour for that.

Posted by: Juan-John | August 18, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Man, that figures.

Oh well. We're already out of the limelight now that Favre is back.

-----

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 18, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the invite, 1a. I may need to take you up on that. I'll contact you off-list.

Posted by: Scooter_ | August 18, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

JohninMpls - Yeah Strasburg was the biggest story today until Farve decided he was coming back. The guy needs all the attention and he loves being talked about. I'm so sick of him, no more Brett Farve!!

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Cheap Lerners set new Record for Bonus Money in a single draft.

Posted by: MrMadison | August 18, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Strasburg will be moving around a bit for awhile. Wonder if Boras game him some of his pamphlets on safe sex and on the use of rubbers?

Posted by: periculum | August 18, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

haha, Scooter.

BTW, new post is up.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 18, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Strasburg will probably go to the FIL (Florida Instructional League) to get stretched out a little, then the AZ Fall League. We'll see him for real in Viera, come February, 2010. Depending on what his three pitches look like, I'd think he'll probably catch an assignment to either High-A or AA to begin the season, then move up from there.

On a side note, I wonder if Blogfather Barry will ask to get transferred back to baseball coverage after this signing - there could be another book in it.

Posted by: BinM | August 18, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Scooter. You and Stephen can fight over who gets the bed and who gets the cot. But no staying up late in bed listening to games on the radio.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 18, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse