Lineups From Nats Park

The Nats go for the sweep. I'll post New York's lineup when I get it.

Washington

Harris - 8
Dukes - 9
Zimmerman - 5
Dunn - 3
Willingham - 7
Bard - 2
Desmond - 6
Gonzalez - 4
Lannan - 1

By Chico Harlan  |  September 30, 2009; 1:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Five-Year Anniversary
Next: Riggleman and Rizzo Talk Future

Comments

Very good. Heading down in a little while and glad there are no rest days after a night game.

Posted by: mherd1 | September 30, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

On Home Date No. 81, Alberto Gonzalez dons his Halloween outfit and pretends to be a major leaguer.

Posted by: Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me | September 30, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

FYI, there's a line of tstorms (of COURSE there is!) heading right for DC out of the west, looks like it'll get there sometime in the 3:00 hour. Not much immediately behind it, so they should play, but BP may be affected, and maybe start time.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Poetic (in)justice!
I was hoping to sneak out of work for the finale, but that's not happening, and checking the radar, I had the same reaction. Shaking my head and imagining a rain delay for the 30-something time!

-------------

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mo_dc | September 30, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Storms? That's just god hitting 'flush' on this team.

Posted by: soundbloke | September 30, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

What's the over-under for the number of giveaway fleece blankets the Nats will have left over after this game?

Posted by: Juan-John | September 30, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

If I were the Nats I wouldn't be bringing up "fleece" at the same time I pushing people to renew their tickets.

Posted by: markfromark | September 30, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Can anyone tell me whether replaci-Riggs has used the same lineup in more than one consecutive game? How are players supposed to get comfortable and familiar with each other with all of the shuffling. Mets broadcasters last night cited that as one of the major problems with the errors by their infielders that gakked up the winning run last night. It's hard to believe no more games at Nats Ark Park (yes, there IS a chance for rain) until next April. See y'all there about 3:45.

Posted by: leetee1955 | September 30, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

They are giving away blankets? I think I just got sick and can't work today, hope the cameras don't catch me at the game---just kidding. Would love to go though, looks like the whole game will be there.

Posted by: Nats_Lady | September 30, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Anybody still care about the Willie Harris baserunning discussion?

I was at the game; had a good view of the play. The ball was hit to CF, in front of Willie--he had to have a good view of it. There were two outs. Finally, it was clear that the ball was going to drop in front of the centerfielder. I'm asuming Willie had a brain cramp, or brain camp if you will. His baserunning instincts are usually solid.

Posted by: CapPeterson1 | September 30, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't the centerfielder last night Beltran?

Posted by: Section506 | September 30, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

for those of us not amblin' on down to shantytown, mlb network right now is rebroadcasting bob gibson's 17-strikeout performance in game one of the 1968 world series. then, i'll switch over and watch the home closer (sigh, if there had only been one or two in the bullpen earlier this year) while listening to nationals treasures charlie and dave.

Posted by: surly_w | September 30, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

POTD.
*******************

Posted by: markfromark | September 30, 2009 1:53 PM

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the worst of it is just getting near Dulles. Give it another 45 minutes or so to get downtown.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

OK, that makes it sound like he just forgot how many outs there were.

*********
Anybody still care about the Willie Harris baserunning discussion?

Posted by: CapPeterson1 | September 30, 2009 2:08 PM

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Pagan, lf
Hernandez, 2b
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Francoeur, rf
Tatis, 1b
Santos, c
Valdez, ss
Redding, rhp

Posted by: brothbart | September 30, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Wish I could go :(

Posted by: periculum | September 30, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Sitting here at the top of 105 in my wheelchair, the temps have dropped a few degrees in the last few minutes and the winds have picked up (feels like 10 gusting to 20 out of the west). Any NJers here please stop on by.

One legged Nats fan

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | September 30, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Batting cage just got pulled, looks like they are getting ready to tarp the field.

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | September 30, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

there's a tail on this line that's just passing Harper's Ferry now, from the looks of the radar--if it doesn't go north of the park (it might), it's about two hours or less behind this one. FWIW.
Keep those red ponchos handy.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and I'd get away from that metal flagpole if I were you, onelegged.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

It's only fitting that the season end in a weather related delay, they've had so many this season. I like the batting order today though, trying to get that 10th curly W for JL.

Posted by: cokedispatch | September 30, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Sec3, I took your advice and am hiding out in the President's club.

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | September 30, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Hate to miss the final game but encourage everyone to pick up the "Gold Glove, Gold Glove" chant that we did lustily in 313J last night (loudly enough to persuade Chico that we were several thousand strong). I'll be watching and listening.

Posted by: JamesWebster | September 30, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Blue skies are overhead

Grounds crew is marking the field

Lannan goes for 10.

- my lame attempt at haiku

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | September 30, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

It really hit home how much injuries have hurt our chances this year when you realize that Jordan Zimmermann remains the team stikeout leader.

Can we institute a mandatory off-season strength and conditioning program?

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | September 30, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

silence. and a deeper silence, when there's a new post.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | September 30, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse