Nats Announce 2010 Season Ticket Prices

Preparing for their third season at Nationals Park, the Washington Nationals on Friday announced their 2010 season ticket prices, lowering the cost of roughly 2,000 outfield seats and leaving all other prices virtually identical to 2009.

An additional 1,000 high-level outfield seats have been reduced strictly under the half- and partial-season ticket plans.

The most noteworthy pricing change is fairly simple: This year, season tickets for the "Left Field Box" -- sections 103-107, where Josh Willingham scatters most of his homers -- went for $25 per game. Next year, they'll go for $20.

The other noteworthy change at the 41,888-seat ballpark will affect the priciest sections -- including the Presidents Seats, located just behind home plate, which have often remained half-empty. In 2010, Presidents Seats ($300) will remain the same, but there won't be as many of them. The team will carve a so-called Home Plate Box section ($150) into two portions of the Presidents Seats.

For the PNC Diamond Seats ($150), the team will follow a similar plan, creating in the farthest corners of that section the Home Plate Reserved seats ($75).

For all other sections, full season ticket prices remain the same.

Through 74 home dates this year, the Nationals have averaged 22,566 fans, down from their 2008 average of 29,005. Several factors -- a losing team, a depressed economy, a ballpark in its post-honeymoon season -- have contributed to the decline, and this year, for the first time since the team relocated to Washington, it declined to release the size of its season ticket base.

The Nationals likely won't announce 2010 individual game ticket prices until after the season.

Here's the 2010 season ticket price chart:

2010PRICECHARTver092309-2.pdf

By Chico Harlan  |  September 25, 2009; 11:40 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What's In Store for a 100-Loss Team?
Next: Lineups From Nats Park

Comments

@Periculum,

This is what was said on Nats320 about your boy who can do no wrong,

"J.D. Martin really wasn't good this evening. He was lucky to even last through the third inning. The Dodgers were hitting him hard and his control was off--which for him--made things far worse. When you don't throw the baseball hard and you can't control your pitches--every mistake pitch is going to be hit. And The Dodgers' bats didn't miss many baseballs with J.D. Martin on the mound tonight. Six hits, two walks and five earned runs--a bad outing."

Its not just me. Stop spinning him Cliff.

Posted by: WashOut | September 25, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

My boyfriend and I are hoping for the best & will sign up for 2010 soon, and I'm glad it will be at the same price. Meanwhile, I have a totally unrelated question. I think it's neat that Elijah will play for the Licey Tigers during the offseason. Here's my question: does anyone know how to pronounce Licey?

Posted by: Section109 | September 25, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

S109 - If my HS Spanish doesn't fail me, I believe it's Lee-Say

Posted by: Brian_ | September 25, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Brian. I hear enough about them that I want to be able to say it right.

Posted by: Section109 | September 25, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Dear Washout,

I am too young to know what the heck your references to this "Cliff" is? Email from some flounder? Boris, use your schtick on Natasha or fearless leader.

As far as Martin. Again, the guy elicits confidence even when he has a bad night. Over time the team seems to put out a little extra to pull games out for him. Maybe its his attitude? The character he shows? Its not just the pitching dude.

But as sec307 I think said, talent is important. He has some but I guess I agree with BinM, he needs to develop another pitch or two in the offseason. Then perhaps he will have even more success.

Still, right now Martin is the Nats next best starting pitcher after Lannan and perhaps Hernandez. That's a fact.

Posted by: periculum | September 25, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Oh, joy. I won't have to take on a third part-time job in order to pay for my crummy piece of our syndicate's four club level seats. The Lerners didn't have the onions to raise season tix after back-to-back perfecto 100s. Oh, well, I guess rents at White Flint and Reston Town Center might be rising. If this team ever manages to see .500 -- I know, I know, we should live so long -- I firmly believe we are looking at Nats Town, home of the $110 box seat. Until then, ladies and gents, let's enjoy the view. Anybody got an estimate of 2010 full-season equivalent season tickets? I would think 12,000-14,000 would be in the ballpark, so to speak.

Posted by: Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me | September 25, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I really thought they'd be paying us to attend next year...:)

Posted by: natbiscuits | September 25, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

------

You say that as if it's a good thing.

Posted by: baltova1 | September 25, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I usually don't like to discuss the discussion, but hey, I'm bored.

WashOut: maybe you could find something to concentrate on other than needling periculum. If you don't care for his comments, I suggest moving on to the next one. (Of course, the next one is usually by periculum, so you may have to repeat.)

periculum: you're my nominee for Most Improved Commenter. I don't always read everything you post, as you often wax too prolific for me to keep up with, but what I read now is a far cry from just a couple months ago, when you seemed to view every new post on this here weblog as a fresh and exciting opportunity to continue flame wars and even incite new ones. I appreciate the new tone. Thank you.

Posted by: Scooter_ | September 25, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

"BTW, anybody notice who Jon Heyman says is going to get an interview for the Astros' job? Manny Acta."

No surprise at all there. Manny got his coaching/managing start in the Astros system and has probably spent more years in that organization than all the others combined. He's actually more a part of their family than any other team's.

Posted by: FromTheEclipseThePlaceThatBobCarpenterCallsHome | September 25, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

@baltova1: wouldn't be surprising at all to see Acta in Houston, he did spend 14 years in their organization.

Posted by: bottomfeeders10 | September 25, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I totally forgot about Acta's time with Houston. I'd wish him luck, since he seems like a good guy, but the Astros may be a worse team than the Nats in the next few years.

After all, we have J.D. Martin.

(Just kidding, periculum)

Posted by: baltova1 | September 25, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I've also appreciated the civil tone of Periculum's postings of late, so I'll add my thanks to Scooter's.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | September 25, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Re. Acta, there was an Astros rumor about him shortly after he was fired, if I recall correctly. Seems to me that it originated in Chicago, for some reason. As others have said, he has connections to the Astros, and I'd not be surprised to see him land there. I'd root for him to do well no matter where he landed. (But Astros would be much easier than Mets, obviously. ;-))

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | September 25, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Found this on the Astros site:

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | September 25, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else feel totally baffled by the season ticket holder renewal email that went out today?

I knew that it was not a good sign that it started "Dear John." Not my name, by the way.

Posted by: NatsPark408Byrd306 | September 25, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

JD Martin ... ~laughing~

It would be great to get a Lackey, Piniero, Wolf or Bedard. Actually 2 would be better. And a completely healthy Olsen (unlikely).

But would they sign with this team? Seems unlikely? So, Rizzo probably will have to use trades to improve this team.

Have to wonder what he will be able to trade?

And what he will be able to come up with other than prospects? Yes, he has done a good job repopulating the pitching staffs on the minor league affiliates.

But a solid veteran starter or two? A catcher? That might be good enough for next year if the prospects they have continue to improve?

Will things get better or worst? The affiliates have certainly improved dramatically. But, will the parent club?

Posted by: periculum | September 25, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I've been goading my fellow co-workers here in the A-T-L this morning and afternoon about the game tonite,saturday, and sunday telling them no matter what the Rockies do it's not gonna matter because we're going sweep you guy's so you can turn your attention to college and pro football and of course that triggered all kinds of nasty remarks and e-mails including the IT guy telling me he was going to lock me out of access to my computer talk about your poor sports, LOL!

Posted by: dargregmag | September 25, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

@dargregmag,

They don't call it HotLanta for nuthin? Too much road rage and traffic snarls or else they get all hot and steamy riding the Marta.

Posted by: periculum | September 25, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

...and it looks like the Red Loft seats are gone....wonder what they have planned for the loft next year?

Posted by: rvrtis | September 25, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Peri, you say you aren't old enough to know who Cliff is, but you know who Boris and Natasha are?

Anyway - if Martin is any more than a spot starter/MAYBE #5 next year, we are in trouble.

I'm surprised the Lerners are still getting it a little for actually coming down on some prices. I haven't been much of a fan of theirs, but they should get at least a bit of credit for this...

Posted by: goexpos2 | September 25, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

So you're the guy that bought the Red Loft seats?

Posted by: natbiscuits | September 25, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse