Every day you see something new

monday_01.JPG

Matt Capps, posing with a dog. Give him props for tolerating an unusual request.

At least he didn't have to watch this.

By Chico Harlan  |  February 22, 2010; 2:02 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A quick post-bullpen chat with Steve McCatty
Next: The battered, bruised and repaired shoulder of Jesus Flores

Comments

You sure that's not someon'e wife?

Posted by: lpatashn | February 22, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Capps gone to the dogs?

Posted by: dfh21 | February 22, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

"Matt, can I get a shot of you humping Fifi?"

Posted by: gilbertbp | February 22, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

wait, I can bring my dog to spring training? really? That is amazing news. Maybe I can get Flores to sign his collar...

Posted by: nattaboy | February 22, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

By the way, who's next to get an offer from mr rizzo?

Allow me to paraphrase from the Elton John song:

"Livo, Livo likes his money..."

Posted by: swanni | February 22, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Also by the way, is it just me or has Tom Boswell been suspiciously quiet about the nats lately, as if he's waiting for the other shoe to drop before commenting on the 2nd half of the free agent season.

Posted by: swanni | February 22, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: swanni | February 22, 2010 3:14 PM

I think that Boswell's been on a nice, long winter vacation. He wrote about Tiger the other day - and I think he reports to Viera soon. He'll definitely have plenty to say about Wang, Strasburg, Lerner spending or lack thereof in good time.

Posted by: Kev29 | February 22, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of tolerating things, just when you thought the news is getting better with the Nats, guess what I saw on TV?

Dave Matthews is coming to Nats Park in July.

Posted by: baltova1 | February 22, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Man, Jimbo has become even more of a joke....is that possible....unbelievable Lerner thought he was super cool!

Posted by: JayBeee | February 22, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

The $6,000 man at nats insider had a semi-negative take on olsen's 1st bullpen session.

Posted by: swanni | February 22, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

> Dave Matthews is coming to Nats Park in July.

Better than Billy Joel and Elton John.

Posted by: nunof1 | February 22, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

>> Dave Matthews is coming to Nats Park in July.

>Better than Billy Joel and Elton John.

How about The Who? At least one can accuse them of lip synching or using performance enhancing drugs.

Posted by: Sunderland | February 22, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I knew I would spark a good debate with the Dave Matthews reference...

nunof1, are you insane? Even at their ages, Joel and John got it all over Dave and his mess.

(BTW, I almost typed, "Matthews couldn't carry their jocks," but that caused a really bad mental image of Elton John that's going to take awhile to go away.)

Posted by: baltova1 | February 22, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Ignoring the very obvious and moving to the obvious (I watched the video the link leads to). I find it most interesting that Mr. Bowden does not mention Tony Plush and his ungodly UZR and instead focuses on McLouth and then Justin Upton a right fielder ... apples and oranges ...

The blonde was pretty hot though ... a bit too much but still hot.

Posted by: periculum | February 22, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

I was suckered into watching the video, and I'll be honest, it's hilarious. I quite literally laughed out loud when Dayton Moore said he likes OBP.

Posted by: Vladman1327 | February 22, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

You get your way at Ourisman Chevrolet ..

Does anyone have any kind of feel for Aaron Thompson yet? Or is it too early?

Posted by: periculum | February 22, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Tiger wants Bowden's cell ... wants the blonde's phone digits.

Posted by: periculum | February 22, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

GM's Corner: pretty impressive. Killer, relavent guests, good topic, Shannon Tweed wannabe. Nice.

Posted by: dfh21 | February 22, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

The blonde is Bowden's second wife, Joy, previously the co-star of JimBo's Miami DUI incident.

I'm sure that JimBo's five sons love to see their dad doing stuff like that. Real classy.

Posted by: CoverageisLacking | February 22, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

@swanni,

Given Boz's Op-Ed's last year you would think we would have heard something by now vacation or not?

One thing is certain, Boz has far more contacts in MLB than anyone here does, perhaps, just perhaps he knows more about what Rizzo's angling than do we ... or mebbe I am just pipe dreaming again ...

Still, what Ed Chigliak said rings true. Nats ticket prices are right up there with the LA's and NY's ... these are elite prices. They perhaps, by now, should be fielding an elite team to match those prices.

Posted by: periculum | February 22, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

"Nats ticket prices are right up there with the LA's and NY's ... these are elite prices."

Before you guys go spouting off about how supposedly high the Nats ticket prices are, you really ought to go to the web sites of the NY and LA teams and do a section-by-section comparison of seat prices. Nats prices are way lower than those parks. Nats prices are in line with Baltimore, actually.

My season ticket seats in Nationals Park are $20/game. Comparable seats in Citi Field are $36. That's almost double, not "right up there."

Posted by: nunof1 | February 22, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse