Bog: Nyjer on ice

From Dan Steinberg's D.C. Sports Bog, more on the "Nyjer Morgan used to play hockey" story.

Leave it to Comcast SportsNet, though, to get something I hadn't previously seen: video of young Tony Plush whizzing around on skates. I'm not in the habit of scouting teenage hockey players, so I won't judge his form, but he does have a nice little fistpump after scoring a goal here.

By Alexa Steele  |  March 2, 2010; 12:07 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A quick and not very uplifting Jesus Flores update
Next: Today in Stephen Strasburg

Comments

Pretty cool story

Posted by: Nats1924 | March 2, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Myjer's been in town for like 9-10 months and the Comcast reporter has no idea that he played junior hockey in Canada? Maybe they'll ask if he has enough speed to attempt some stolen bases this year too.

Nice wrist shot.

Posted by: dfh21 | March 2, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

So, Nyjer, could you maybe get me an intro to this Tony Plush fellow I keep hearing about? How is he as a teammate?

---

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 2, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Man, now this is one case, (Dunn inclusive too) that the Nats are so lucky its unbelievable! Unbelievable luck! Now just keep Tris "Spoke" Speaker healthy!

Posted by: periculum | March 2, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I've been wondering which jersey I was going to buy to replace my Nick Johnson one. I don't know what I was waffling about; it's gotta be a Tony Plush away jersey.

I love this guy.

Posted by: JohninMpls | March 2, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Cute - a fellow Sharks fan (sorry, Caps - I still cheer for you too). It is fun to have Nyjer's personality on the team. I hope he keeps up the good play too!

Posted by: PattyinSJ | March 2, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And for those of you in the "Tony Plush Lounge" section in center (Traveller?)--remember your T. Plush hats (trilbys are good) and for the love of all that's baseball stay off the grass.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm just dusting off my Old 61.
JiM, we do need T.Plush autograph model shades and Vegas shirts.

******************
I love this guy.
Posted by: JohninMpls | March 2, 2010 12:35 PM

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I can see him in one of those Ovechkin-style commercials, trying out different sports.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

and to think we got this guy for Lastings? Rizzo, you are my hero (along with T. Plush)!!

Posted by: twinbrook | March 2, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

TP is great!

I don't have a Livo jersey, but I do have a Livo jersey pin. I broke it out when I went to see him start for us last year. Always a classic.

---

I'm just dusting off my Old 61.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 2, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Twin; Don't count out Lastings quite yet. He played well for Pittsburgh, the Nats did not handle the kid well (what was it, like 30 AB's before Acta, who put the kid in the role of CF and leadoff man, rolled him off to Cuse and riding under the bus?) and Lastings is something close to 5 years younger than Rocket Richard Morgan.

The deal was Rizzo's most bold move to date and time will tell whether he got the better end of it, but it looks great right now though, so I am not complaining. And I love the energy and enthusiiam that Morgan has brought to the club. The guy is having fun and you wanna keep your eyes on him all the time.

Posted by: dfh21 | March 2, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Morgan is the most exciting Nat to watch.

Posted by: shanks1 | March 2, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I loveeeeeeeee NYJERRRRRR =) ;)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 2, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse