Josh Willingham scratched with minor ailment

Left fielder Josh Willingham was originally in the lineup tonight, but he had to be scratched with a stiff neck. He slept on his neck wrong. The ailment is nothing major, but Willingham is not currently in tomorrow's lineup, either.

Also,the Nationals scheduled pitchers behind Stephen Strasburg tonight are Miguel Batista, Sean Burnett, Brian Bruney and Jesse English.

By Adam Kilgore  |  March 19, 2010; 5:58 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nyjer Morgan feels fine, but he's out until at least Monday
Next: Updates: Cardinals at Nationals

Comments

I hope to see Desmond win the everyday shortstop job with Guzman getting a good amount of playing time at both short and second. Desmond and Kennedy are our best double play combo but Desmond and Guzman provide more at the plate. Either way I just hope Desmond is starting shortstop.

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | March 19, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

I like Desmond, but I'd hedge my bets a bit at this point. He's been all you'd ask for in Viera this year, but tailed off a bit in his September debut. It's going to be down to the final cuts before I'd fully annoint Desmond as the starter in WSH for 2010.

Posted by: BinM | March 19, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Additionally, unless Batista & English can show something positive tonight, I'd think they're both gone with the next cuts.

Posted by: BinM | March 19, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

How many ways are there to sleep on your neck?

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 19, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

More than I thought, Sec3. Isn't this why Strasburg missed a start last fall?

Apparently the team needs to hire someone to sleep with these guys. So they can keep it up through the season.

Posted by: Scooter_ | March 19, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Well, they could...um, that would be...er... eh, I think I'll just let that one go on by... :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 19, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Where's Tatiana when they need her?

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 20, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse