Pete Orr, a happy Canadian

On Sunday, the Nationals broke their huddle after stretching by chanting "U-S-A!" It was directed at Pete Orr, a Canadian, on the morning of the gold medal hockey game. Yesterday, Orr got some revenge. He put on a Canada hockey sweater underneath his hooded sweatshirt and, as the team broken, he yanked off the hoodie to reveal the sweater. Thanks to our wonderful photographer Toni Sandys for the image.

By Adam Kilgore  |  March 2, 2010; 6:17 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Today in Stephen Strasburg
Next: Where Justin Maxwell fits in

Comments

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:
We stand on guard for thee...

Posted by: Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me | March 2, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Careful, Pete. Might not want to seem too happy about the Great White North, as 'Cuse is awfully close. ;-)

. . . gl-ORR-ious and free!

That is really a great anthem, hayna?

Posted by: dfh21 | March 2, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Man, you go to work for a few days and it becomes near impossible to keep up with all the blogs, articles, and columns. What a great problem. I'm really enjoying your work Adam.

Are we going to get a game story after the exhibition tomorrow?

Posted by: natbiscuits | March 2, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

rhythm. that's what the O.B. brought to this gig.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

not that I'm criticizing.
I'm just sayin.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

As the Ex-'spos, I s'pose we s'posed to be conflicted about this, but maybe I'm more of a homer than I realized. If they'd been playing anybody else, I would have undilutedly have been rooting for Canada.
But they weren't.
And it HAD to be effing Crosby, didn't it?

Man, I can't wait for the playoffs. I'll even take time off from baseball for this.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:12 PM | Report abuse

one too many "have"s in there ... must've been thinking Habs.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

Off topic, but how much is it worth to keep the Mets from signing Beimel?

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Here's my thinking: The Nats aren't going to win the division, this year, so there's no point worrying about catching the Phillies or Braves. They could catch and beat the Mets. What would that take? Well, the Mets losing a lot would help. That seems possible. What would push that along? Mess with their roster. Deny them the lefty they need.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:21 PM | Report abuse

And while we're on the subject of irrational grudges from forty years ago ...

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

OK, 41, by now.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

It's over and has little to do with the Nats, but I'm sort of glad Canada won the hockey game. Heck, USA beat them once. Let them have it. It's their game, and we have what was once of their teams.

There's no denying it was a great game.

Posted by: nats24 | March 3, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse

It is odd to me that Joe Beimel was considered a good middle reliever and a good signing when the Nats got him last year, but he couldn't sign until mid-March. Again, now, he is available late in the off-season, and I agree that he seems worth signing, or keeping away from a rival.

Did Beimel stay unsigned as a strategy? Has he asked for too much? Who will we trade him to this year?

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | March 3, 2010 5:00 AM | Report abuse

Wang's rehab/throwing video by Apple Daily News of Taiwan:

Posted by: deposetejada | March 3, 2010 6:59 AM | Report abuse

OK, folks. Here is some news on The Chief, an ex-Nat we should all wish well:

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | March 3, 2010 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the story on one of my fave original Nats, PHS. Go, Chief!!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 3, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

After living in Canada for many yars and becoming a fan of the Expos and Canadiens, I can tell you the pride we would have had if we won the gold is minimal compared to Canada winning. I was rooting for the USA but couldn't be heartbroken seeing the northern boys win. Great shot in the arm for them and the downside was tremendous had they lost. And I agree, why Crosby... the guy who scored was going to be a national hero for life, I was hoping for a 4th liner...

As for Beimel, I agree in wanting to keep him from the Mets but do we really have room for him? I know he's better then Villone of Eddie but is he that much better?

Posted by: SCNatsFan | March 3, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Deposetejada-

That was great. Thanks.

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | March 3, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Cut ORR!

Posted by: Cartaldo | March 3, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Ball two.

---

rhythm. that's what the O.B. brought to this gig.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | March 2, 2010 11:06 PM

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 3, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the links on Wang's rehab deposet. I love the look of determination on his face. Great story on Dunn Adam, and thanks for not just reposting the whole thing here. Your post output is impressive and appreciated.

Posted by: Section222 | March 3, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse