Game 13 discussion thread: Nationals vs. Rockies

Sorry for the delay on this one. It's been a busy tonight gathering information for a few posts. The biggest news of the day: The Nationals will have Jason Marquis remain on schedule and start Friday in his usual spot in the rotation.

A more detailed post on Marquis and updates on Garrett Mock, Mike Morse and minor leaguers Danny Espinosa and Derek Norris.

For now, talk about the game right here.

By Adam Kilgore  |  April 19, 2010; 7:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Today's lineup
Next: Jason Marquis will stay on schedule

Comments

Very happy with Stammen so far, what a big league pitcher should look like.

Wy to go Hot Rod Harris!

Posted by: oneleggedNatsFan | April 19, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Missed the initial jump to this post - Stammen has looked reasonably steady so far, while Cook is all over the place for COL. The bats are in-play for the Nationals, so we will see how it plays out.

Posted by: BinM | April 19, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Stammen is dodging bullets right now, Rockies just waiting....... some missed oppourtunities by our offense but happy for Wiiilllaaayyyy with four ribbies.

Posted by: dargregmag | April 19, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Dodging bullets for eight innings -- sounds good to me!

Posted by: tailwagger | April 19, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Ha, I hear that tailwagger! Maybe Stammen is learning it from Livo :-)

Posted by: Kev29 | April 19, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? Just goes to show that if we get any kind of decent pitching (and Stammen has been better than decent), our offense will do the rest!

Posted by: dryw1 | April 19, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking this quite a bit myself. Even yesterday after the dud of a first inning, I had a feeling they'd hit and maybe crawl back into it. Riggs at least has this team playing with some desire.

If they keep this up, people might even pay to watch at the Park. Attendance looked pretty poor tonight.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 19, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking this a lot!

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | April 19, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

If I can get out of this conference call, I'm going to head to the park this Thursday for the Rockies series.

This team has fire. They're scrappy. I think that's the best way to describe Riggles' current squad: scrappy.

Wait until Zimmerman and Dunn heat up, and Strasburg/Storen get called up.

Posted by: CapitolWill | April 19, 2010 9:55 PM | Report abuse

In the midst of an encouraging win celebration, I can sneak in the fact that this was the lowest attendance in our 2+ seasons at the Park (11k and change).

Gotta keep winning to get people out there.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 19, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CapitolWill | April 19, 2010 9:55 PM

Jimenez/Livo, yep I'll be there. Sneaking out at 4. And it's not even a plan game, so I'll be buying a ticket to see it. Hope the weather isn't too bad later this week (as forecasted).

Posted by: Kev29 | April 19, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

nice comeback after yesterday, way to go...

Posted by: bromisky | April 19, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Livan must be feeling like he had a couple of babies this week with Lannan and Stammen's outings. It's a simple message of 'yes you can throw a complete game and you don't disintegrate afterwards'. Every game I watch Pudge, the more integral he gets. But that shutout by Hernandez is the linchpin example of what they want to accomplish.

Just keep smacking the ball all over too. natswin natswin natswin

Posted by: Brue | April 19, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Stammen in the silver Elvis wig saying he was watching how Livan worked on the mound baybee don't believe me just ask Craig Stammen baybee says he only shook Pudge off once. 48 fastballs in 98 pitches

Posted by: Brue | April 19, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

I love it. We may be in for a helluva ride this season. VIVO Livan!!!

Posted by: tommy11599 | April 19, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, the attendance looked paltry on the television. I'm trying to do my part - I attended the Phillies series and the first two Brewers games. I'll pick up a Rockies and Dodgers game this week.

It'll take a few more wins to get people interested. Plus, I do think a lot of people are holding out for Strasburg. Baseball games are expensive ($8 beer, $4.50 hot dogs).

Posted by: CapitolWill | April 19, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

I was at the game because I am awesome...and here are a few of my theories why,

1. The Caps were playing
2. It was cold
3. it was monday
4. the rockies are obviously not a good draw
5. The Nats need to really start winning more, its going to take a bit to over come back to back 100 loss seasons
6. The Caps were playing

With that said, knocking on wood here, but I think we actually may be rooting for a real major league baseball team this year. Even with the iffy starting pitching...7-6..F YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cartaldo | April 19, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Edit: ...Why there was such paltry attendance

Posted by: Cartaldo | April 19, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse