Today's lineup

Willingham 7
Rodriguez 2
Harris 5
Maxwell 9
Atilano 1

By Alexa Steele  |  April 23, 2010; 1:49 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Luis Atilano makes it to Washington
Next: Jason Bergmann to Syracuse

Comments

Wow, this might be the most underwhleming lineup we have put out on the field this year, I hope we give Luis some run support!

Posted by: markfd | April 23, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Would Morse be starting at third if he were healthy? I'm ok with King Willie at the hot spot.

Posted by: poncedeleroy | April 23, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Interesting comment. Some on here thought yesterday's line up was the most underwhelming. The line up, however it is composed, will badly miss Zim.

Sec 204 Row H Seat 7

Posted by: adhardwick | April 23, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

No Desmond?

Posted by: Juan-John1 | April 23, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

My nominee for post of the day from natsfan1a a couple of strings ago:

I don't have an account on Facebook, nor is it likely that I will have one in the future. (Yeah, I'm a Luddite. That's how I roll. :-))

Let's play two!

Posted by: SlowPitch63 | April 23, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

At least Willingham is back in. Having both Zimm and Willingham out yesterday pretty well gutted the line-up of any power given Dunn's start.

Posted by: slewis1 | April 23, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I think this is about as good as we have with Zimmerman out. And I think if Morse were healthy, Riggleman would be more inclined to sit Dunn for a game or two. Kennedy and Gonzalez are the other choices for third. Desmond is living up to his reputation as a streaky hitter. Yesterday's last at bat was poor.

Posted by: longhorn64 | April 23, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Without Zimmerman, Riggs stacked the line up with 4 lefties and a switch hitter.

It is jarring to see Guzman hiting 3d, but you could argue "hot hand." I'll be interested to see if he hits righty. Many switch hitters bat righty against Wakefield and other righty knuckleballers.

Posted by: jca-CrystalCity | April 23, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

definitely better than yesterday with the hammer in there

Posted by: nami322 | April 23, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather see Desi but against a knuckleballer someone with experience might be better (it will be interesting to watch Maxwell in this regard).

Still not a great lineup. Zim leaves a huge hole. He needs to get better fast!

Posted by: Meridian1 | April 23, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse