Today's lineup

The Nationals will again play without Ryan Zimmerman, this time facing electric Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw. Justin Maxwell is batting sixth, higher than usual. This year, he is 4 for 16 with five walks, a double and a home run.

Nationals
1. Nyjer Morgan, CF
2. Ian Desmond, SS
3. Cristian Guzman, 2B
4. Adam Dunn, 1B
5. Josh Willingham, LF
6. Justin Maxwell, RF
7. Wil Nieves, C
8. Alberto Gonzalez, 3B
9. Craig Stammen, SP

By Adam Kilgore  |  April 24, 2010; 9:58 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Adam Dunn breaks out
Next: Ryan Zimmerman doubtful for Sunday, may pinch hit today

Comments

Why aren't you posting the visiting team's line-up? This is important to some of us.

Posted by: longhorn64 | April 24, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Do you suppose that it's maybe because he hasn't gotten it yet from the Dodgers? Get a grip, buddy. By chance are you a Washington Post subscriber? Probably not is my guess. So take the timely information you're getting for free and enjoy it.

Posted by: flotsam3 | April 24, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

On my way to the game, pray for no rain!! Go nats.

Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq | April 24, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I like the Riggs is sitting Willie after his 3-0-bases-loaded-double-play-brain-fart. I know he's struggling, but let's not get stupid. Maybe a quick rest will get him back on track.

Go Nats.

Posted by: Naugatuck-Nats | April 24, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, flotsam. I didn't realize that was such an offensive question. I've been a Washington Post subscriber since the early 1970's. I like to have the line-ups before I leave for the game and they have always been available here. I can get them elsewhere. Have a great day!

Go, Nats!

Posted by: longhorn64 | April 24, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Man they need Zim and Pudge back soon. With erratic pitching they can't afford to be without those guys for long, and this is a different team without them (last night's win nothwithstanding).

It's one thing to be waiting for the cavalry to arrive for the rotation, but we don't want to be waiting for key position players too.

Posted by: Meridian1 | April 24, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Meridian1 | April 24, 2010 10:54 AM

Let's hope the cavalry is on time, without bumps/bruises, and even more effective than hoped!

Washington:
First in War,
First in Peace,
Not Last in the NL East!

Go Nats!

Posted by: mharman1 | April 24, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

So, I was cleaning out my purse this morning, and I found my "backup" RFK exploding fireworks pin in an inside pocket. I'm taking that as a good omen. :-) Let's go Nats!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 24, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

My laugh for the day 1a1, finding an RFK pin in your purse. I try to clean out my briefcase at least once every 3 years too. And I just found a "very important" resource from 2005 on the area of my office shelf reserved for current stuff in use. But I'll be outta here in time to see most of the game on TV.

Riggs is just sitting Willie against the lefty I imagine, but good timing given last night's goofs.

Posted by: utec | April 24, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Willie's not playing because Kershaw throw's about 95 and is difficult enough to hit for righties let alone Willie who has not gotten on track yet,Pudge was going to be off anyway after last night's game, but this hammy problem with Zimm goes back to what i said in an earlier post the trainers on this team should be held acoountable, proper stretching before the game negates the possibility of a hammy being pulled, the palms down exercise also is a preventitive way of a hammstring being pulled.

Posted by: dargregmag | April 24, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse